Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GrammaMary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2014, 07:32 AM
    There is a wet spot outside my cats litterbox
    It isn't "pee". I just smelled it on a rag.. And there are a few other small spots around the room. He is an overweight cat with feline aids. Its not foam, food, or hairballs. As I am typing this he went in his litter box and did his duty. Any ideas what this is. Did he just throw up water ? This is the first time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 28, 2014, 08:57 AM
    I don't know. I am just going to guess that it is indeed very weak urine, because my small elderly dog leaks very weak urine. (I do too.) It might be weak because of his kidneys not functioning well as a result of aids. Ask your vet on the phone, tomorrow.
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Jan 8, 2015, 11:39 PM
    Could be he is spraying; cats spray for any number of reasons. First I would make sure he is OK and get him checked out with a vet exam. Sometimes when male cats are getting a bladder infection - or blockage - they begin to spray because they are not feeling well so it is important to get him checked out. If he is OK then it could be he is spraying to "mark" his territory - which in this case, it is your house. Check out a product called "Comfort Zone" - they have one product that you plug into an outlet and it works to "re-assure" your cat he is OK because spraying is sometimes an indication of anxiety. And again, cats can have anxiety for any number of reasons - or it could be that they are just not feeling well. Anyway, the Comfort Zone helps with that. They have a spray also. You can buy them at any PetSmart or Petco. Check on e-bay also because sometimes you can get good discounts there. I shop at PetMeds online also so check them out. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wet spot on rug? [ 2 Answers ]

In our bathroom in front of the sink cabinet about 6" is an oval wet spot 10" x 5" & a smaller spot now appearing next to it. The house is on a crawlspace I went under there and could see no leakage in there. I couldn't see any water inlet so I imagine it maybe above the insulation in the...

Wet spot on living room ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Yesterday I found two wet spots on my living room ceiling, which is right under attic. I went to the attic but didn't find any water dripping or wet ink from the roof and all the insulation looks dry. It is cathedral ceiling in my living room. Any thought about the cause of the wet...

Cause of a mysterious wet spot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem that has stumped both an AC tech and a plumber. I have an acadian style house. On the back porch, there is a wet spot on the ceiling in the same location where the upstairs AC is. We had the drain line checked (clear) and the plumber thought the drain elbow (under the eaves...

Why is there a wet spot on the floor under my swamp cooler... yes it goes away when t [ 1 Answers ]

What is causing the wet spot on the floor under my swamp cooler? Yes it goes away when the cooler is off

Wet spot in wall [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wet spot in the middle of an interior wall. The area backs up to a bathroom and has a vent pipe in the cavity. The vent runs up to the attic then crosses the flooor for about 20 feet before venting outside.The pitch is away from the area getting damp.Any ideas?

View more questions Search