Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaylep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2014, 10:14 PM
    Brinks alarm box keeps beeping
    We bought a home that has a Brinks alarm box that was supposedly disconnected. After living here for over a year, it is now beeping at random. We have pushed every button on there, nothing makes it stop.

Online research finds someone else posted this question 4 years ago. The solution that helped them was disconnecting a black box located somewhere in the basement. Unfortunately, we have no basement here, and if there's a black box somewhere, I can't find it.

The box is mounted on the kitchen wall backing up to the garage, but there's no black box behind or near it or anywhere else in the garage. The only place it could be located is up in the attic, which has no crawl space near the wall-mounted Brinks box. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
    gaylep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2014, 11:05 PM
    OK, problem solved, we called the Brinks (now ADT) number listed on the box itself. And I got a person after just 2 menus, and she was super nice, patient, and helpful.

Here's what we did:

Located small (apx 4"x 2") beige plastic box in garage ceiling that was attached to electrical socket with a screw. It was plugged into the same socket as the garage door opener. Unscrewed and unplugged it.

Located larger (maybe 14 x 10 x 2") tan metal BRINKS box in attic of garage.

Opened with phillips screwdriver. Pulled out a black box inside, and unplugged the black wire. She said you can also pull out the red wire, it will do the same thing, but the black wire is sometimes easier to pull out.

That completely disconnected the alarm.

The key words here are: I called the Brinks number located on the box!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cancelled ADT service but my alarm keeps beeping. [ 2 Answers ]

The alarm is a GE Security part No: 60-806 60-806-95R. I have disconnected the battery in the main box and disconnected the phone. I still get beeping. Can you help?

How to remove or deactivate an unsued Brinks security alarm systemcontrol? [ 1 Answers ]

A previous business had subscribed to Brinks's monitoring services; and installed a touchpad control and command center near the door, hardwired into thr eletrical system. Now, the current owner doesn't subscribe to Brinks's service, and woulf like to defeat the (default?) setting thereby an...

Smoke alarm beeping without battery or disconnected [ 3 Answers ]

I have 6 smoke alarms in my home; they are all hard-wired. I have had to disconnect completely--take them out of the ceiling--two of them as they went off for no reason. I took the 9 volt battery out of either of them first. That didn't stop it. Then I pulled the alarm out of the ceiling and...

Smoke alarm beeping without battery or disconected [ 1 Answers ]

I have 6 smoke alarms in my home; they are all hard-wired. I have had to disconnect completely--take them out of the ceiling--two of them as they went off for no reason. I took the 9 volt battery out of either of them first. That didn't stop it. Then I pulled the alarm out of the ceiling and...

Transferring Brinks Alarm System to Non-Monitored System [ 5 Answers ]

I understand that when you cancel your Brinks-monitored security system that they come and remove their equipment (which you apparently don't own) or you can buy all their equipment for $500. The equipment removal exposes unpainted walls and previously-covered holes. Is it possible to install a...

View more questions Search