Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RGK152 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2014, 10:04 PM
    Ghana declaration fee
    I am married to a woman who is in Ghana and am trying to get her here in the united states. All her paperwork is finished, Passport, Visa, Doctors approval the two days before she was to leave she received this Declaration fee wanting $10,000 in money before they will allow her to leave. I don't have that kind money. Is this fee for real. If it is a scam what can I do to bring her here
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2014, 10:06 PM
    Have you met her in person?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2014, 10:28 PM
    You are being scammed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2014, 02:30 AM
    Unless you have meet her, you are not "married"

This is a old and common scam. I hope you did not send money for passport and visa, I bet if you did, it was many times too much.

There is no declaration fee, if they say there is, it is a scam.

They keep asking for money, and more money,till you don't have enough to send more
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2014, 02:57 PM
    How did you "marry" her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Declaration fee for Ghana [ 4 Answers ]

I have a woman in Ghana her name is Joyce Wisdom, if that is her real name, and has asked me for funds for passport, visa, medical clearance and now for declaration fee for traveling to the u.s. It seems she is stuck in Accra at the airport for her to travel here because she needs $6,000 to get...

Does ghana have a declaration fee to leave ghana [ 5 Answers ]

I just wish to know if there is such a thing as a 4000aud fee for people to leave ghana

Ghana Declaration Fee [ 13 Answers ]

OK... this appears bogus. From what I've searched, this is like a BTA or PTA type fee which was discontinued. Maybe I'm wrong but is this valid. No way that I'm sending money... this person is on their own. Sent to me probably to see if I would react. The statutory declaraton fee imposed...

View more questions Search