Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cannkat Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2014, 07:46 PM
    Christmas isn't real anymore?
    I'm only twelve and Christmas just doesn't feel real anymore. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I'm like why do we have to take off for two weeks from school for some commercialized holiday?
    I have a little brother that's four and I really don't want to ruin Christmas for him. I keep on making up excuses about why Christmas is important, but it just doesn't make sense anymore. I have a million presents, but I just don't feel that Christmas magic anymore. Is it just that this year went by too fast and I don't feel like it's Christmas yet or have I really lost the Christmas spirit?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2014, 08:05 PM
    The magic and fun of Christmas is only gone, if you let it. If you can not enjoy happiness in your heart. It is commercial,if you allow it. If you keep the real Christians reasons for Christmas in your heart, then it is always great.

If you have no Christian faith, then commercial is all you have.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 23, 2014, 08:09 PM
    Christmas is a time of year for many things and not just gift giving. It is also a time to reflect and be joyful for the things that we have and accomplishments made through the year. What you might be feeling is your own sense of person coming into being. The spirit of christmas can last all year but you have to make it happen. Helping others in your community and bringing joy to others. To me that is what chistmas is about. A time for giving back for what I have received. You can start at home by maybe doing an extra chore without being asked. Or give your parent/s some quiet time by reading to your brother. As the older sibling you can maybe start a new christmas tradition and celebrate it every year as a reminder of your growth.

Sometimes you need to push through and open your heart and mind to see the real magic.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 24, 2014, 05:01 AM
    Have you ever watched the cartoon "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown?" Your question summarizes the Charlie Brown character's feelings, which is the thrust of the show. He sees through the glitz and glamour and again finds the Christmas Spirit through the love of his friends and family. Here's a hint to the real magic of Christmas: Everybody gets together to enjoy their traditions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband isn't attracted to me anymore [ 1 Answers ]

We have been married 21years we have a 20year old son. I want to be loved and touched and told that I mean something to him. He makes me feel he's not attracted to me anymore. He can say about other women being pretty but he can't say that about me. I feel so ugly. I need to feel good again...

My boyfriend just isn't interested in me anymore [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 6 months now. At the start of the relationship, he would text and ring me all the time. He was loving and considerate. About a month into the relationship, I found messages on his Facebook asking quite a lot of different girls to meet up with him. When I...

Partner isn't interested anymore. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my partner for almost 3 years. For the entire time that I have known my boyfriend he has been extremely sexual and interested in sex, but for the last 1 1/2 years he's been less and less interested. It is gotten to the point now, that he masturbates daily (libido still ok) but...

My drum isn't moving anymore, what should I do? [ 1 Answers ]

If my dryer squeaks and now drum isn't moving anymore, what could be the problem? Should I buy a new dryer or call the repair guy?

View more questions Search