Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgw8567 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2014, 05:54 AM
    Laws on felon's and kids
    I live in Oklahoma. If I have a child that I am raising for someone else can that child live with me if my fiancé is a convicted felon?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 22, 2014, 06:03 AM
    Depends on what he was convicted for his probation status and the terms of your guardianship.

Unless you have adopted the child, the parents can revoke whatever guardianship agreement exists (Note: if a court has not granted you legal guardianship, you have no rights to the child at all).

Depending on the nature of his crime and probation status he might be prohibited or someone could report this to family services and they may step in.

So you really haven't given us enough info to provide an answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about felon laws [ 3 Answers ]

Can a person with a felon get a law license or become probation officer,paralegal?

Can a convicted felon be with kids? [ 2 Answers ]

I am convicted felon for entering without breaking I have been out since 2005 never been in trouble since and my fiancées ex husband told her that I can't be around the kids by law cause I'm a felon is that true. Please explain if I can be around the kids.

Laws governing travel to Mexico if you re a Felon [ 2 Answers ]

Please advise regarding travel restrictions to Mexico if convicted of a Felony. We have a trip planned for February 2010. I have never applied for a passport and would appreciate a response as soon as posible. I have bee advised that in our county (Lewis County, WA) it may take up to several...

Laws in the state of Texas on custody of children by a convicted felon [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon in the state of Texas get secondary custody of his children? He was convicted on a drug charge about 13 years ago.

Felon travel laws? [ 1 Answers ]

Can a felon, off probation but still paying fines, obtain a passport? And can they move out of the U.S?

View more questions Search