Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ichaitali25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2014, 10:10 PM
    Selection of Motor
    We have a parabolic dish collector of 80 kg at our site of work. We require a dc motor to move the dish. How to select correct rating of the motor.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 19, 2014, 05:45 AM
    You will need to determine how much torque you need to rotate the dish, which depends on its mass (80 Kg as you've told us), its physical dimensions, how quickly you need it to move, and the amount of friction in the bearings and gear train.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Torque and Power for selection of a motor to rotate a ground tracking system [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 4th year mechanical engineering student, I am currently designing a satellite tracking system. I require asisstance on with the selection of a motor. Im using a fly wheel pinion set to rotate my system and my system weighs approx. 100 kg. how do I go about calculating the torque of the...

My project motor 12vdc motor give to the supply 9v contector now how to incerse motor [ 1 Answers ]

My project motor 12vdc motor give to the supply 9v contector now how to incerse motor

Benefit of bldc motor compare with pmsm motor or blac motor [ 1 Answers ]

in the name of god hi every body what is benefit of brush less dc motor and brush less ac motor. And when we use bldc and when blac? What is different of them? I know that bldcs have trapezial emf and blacs have sin emf.

Chiller Selection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , Im civil engineer and supervisor of a 8 story building with 2500 square meteres living space in 5 stories and i'm setting up some mechanical objectives too , im wondering wether i have to choose a Water-Chilled Water cooler working with electrical power or a Gas-Fuled type of these...

Course selection suggestion? [ 3 Answers ]

I start my MBA program this Summer, the following are the course that I required to take, I have no business background before, so could anyone please tell me which course would be easier for me to take first? Thanks Economics & Competitive Advantage Date Analysis for Decision Making...

View more questions Search