Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheNanman Posts: 13, Reputation: 6

Dec 18, 2014, 10:02 PM
    Man in a green vest
    So my wife was home and I was at work at the time this event happened. She told me after I got home, there was a man in a green vest with a camera, taking pictures of our house. We're curious as to why this man was doing that, as well as what the green vest could mean.

Any info appreciated!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 18, 2014, 11:27 PM
    This is a global website. How would we know what a green vest means?

Maybe he is a private investigator. Maybe he is a realtor. Maybe he liked your house but had poor fashion sense.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2014, 04:07 AM
    Is there a loan on the home, sometimes, the lender has an inspector.

Who is your insurance company? They may do a home inspection?

Could the home be in foreclosure. It is common for the banks to do photos of homes in foreclosure.

Is there any code violations? Could it be an inspector?

Did anyone consider going out and asking him?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 19, 2014, 05:32 AM
    I saw someone doing this once, and I went out and asked. I was told 'To list a house just like yours.' HUH? I said 'Get lost.'
    Of course if he wasn't actually on your property, you can't do anything about it.
    I didn't like it for several reasons, one being who wants dishonest listings out there? My house wasn't just like another.

The entire world is on google earth. You can opt out by using their link to do so. But they don't send people out on foot. All by car and airplane and satellite.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2014, 08:36 AM
    Could be a tax assessor. Daylight green is commonly worn. Could be a surveyor-did your neighbor just sell their house?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 08:23 AM
    that is a very likely event, when houses are valued, they often use other homes that are similar.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2014, 02:03 PM
    On the down side it could be an enemy or stalker or P.I. or just some random dude amateur photographer. Or a skew of other reasons could have inspired him. If he comes back, ask him what's up. You can call the local assessors office to see if someone was sent out. You may also inquire with your landlord/mortgage holder to see if they sponsored the activity. You call also call around to a bunch of local realtors to see if they sent someone out for a comparison assessment.

If you're really concerned you can file a police report, which will accomplish nothing, but you will have a record of the event and if repeated or related to any crime, will be documented for further prosecution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military Issue Ballistic Vest ESAPI Plate & Vest [ 1 Answers ]

I had a question about the ESAPI Ballistics Plates that are made by Ceradyne. This plate is described as: 7.62 AP multi-shot protection Size Medium. It fits into a Tac Force Vest. The question is are these sold to the general public? Or is there anything illegal about selling them to the...

What to wear with a VEST? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I was just wondering what type of shirt can you wear under a vest. I'm not trying to dress up or anything, just a casual look. Thanks. :]

My kitten sucking my vest. [ 12 Answers ]

Suckling even... I'm a bit worried. Whenever I sit down onto the sofa, my kitten climbs onto my chest and starts suckling my vest and purrs like mad. She does this for ages and then stops because she's fallen asleep. I'd like to know why she does this. :confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search