Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ltgreen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2014, 12:47 PM
    Potty training rabbit
    I have a neutered male rabbit that was fully potty trained, I adopted a female 5 month old rabbit and now our male has reverted to potty all over the floor along with the female. What do I do?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 19, 2014, 11:55 AM
    Who trained the male?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 19, 2014, 11:20 PM
    Are the male and female housed together?

If so, it's very likely that because the female isn't potty trained, and she's peeing and pooing wherever she wants to in his home, he's regressed to doing the same.

My advice would be to separate them for now and work on potty training the female, and retrain the male. They're fairly easy to potty train, they don't like to sleep in their own mess and will normally find a corner that is theirs to use as a potty. Simply find the corner they both like to use, put a potty in it with rabbit friendly litter, then add a few pellets of their own poop and wait. If they suddenly use a different corner, get a second litter box and place it in that corner. Sooner or later they'll run out of options and they'll use the potty because it's in the corner, and that's where they prefer to go.

I'd love to see pictures. I have 3 rabbits, used to have 4, all spayed or neutered. They're wonderful pets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What about potty training? [ 9 Answers ]

My 5 1/2 yr old ADHD and bipolar granddaughter is not potty trained yet. It does not bother her to "sit in it" even to the point of making her bottom bleed. She will go potty if reminded but my mess herself 10 minutes later. We are at our wits ends! Anyone? Please? :confused:

How to go from outside training to potty pad training for our puppy? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old shih zui puppy and she is very well trained in using the bathroom outdoors. In this cold weather I find that she shivers a lot while outside and I always make sure she has a coat/sweater on. How can I get her to at least during the colder months or during rainy days to use...

Litter training a rabbit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, I have decided to litter train my rabbit.But it is not Working very well! My rabbit uses the corner of his hutch As a toilet,in the pet hop I baought a litter tray but every time I will it with litter my rabbit keeps tipping it over And he moves it with his mouth and goes Back to...

Potty training [ 6 Answers ]

My son is going to be 3 in November and I'm spending too much money on diapers and want to get him potty trained. What is the easy way to do it? Any tips?

Potty training [ 10 Answers ]

My son is almost 3 and we have been potty training for about a year when he is with his father or his grandparents he will potty on the toilet no problem but when he is with me he won't. Sometimes when I put him on the toilet he will go but other times he won't or he will throw a fit and then he...

View more questions Search