Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blingb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2014, 06:00 PM
    Camera not reading files taken with old camera.
    II recorded videos with an old sony digital camera. When I purchased my Samsung camera put in the sd card the Samsung camera doesn't read the file I took with my old sony camera. It keep saying file error. Can this be fixed? I want all my memories.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 17, 2014, 11:11 PM
    Transfer the files to your computer.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 18, 2014, 07:56 AM
    Different manufacturers could be using different formats even though they're the same file. They not required to support one format or another. In other words, this isn't surprising. If you're old sony camera is still running I would use that to transfer the images to a computer but if it isn't you'll need to get a USB SD drive. They're like a memory stick but you can put your SD card into them. They're not that expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My camera! [ 0 Answers ]

Hi. I got a Fujifilm L55 camera for christmas and the sound isn't working. There are different type of shoot modes (e.g. Sport,clear e.t.c) and I've tried them but still nothing. Then, I tried turning silent mode on and off but still nothing.The camera hasn't been dropped or anything. Please help!

I'm 11 years Old Should I buy a bridge dslr camera or a small compact camera? [ 2 Answers ]

I do have experience with a dslr camera

Analog camera lenses for digital camera body? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6006 Nikon with four lenses (Macro, tele, PC, and 35-89mm. I'm thinking about buying a Nikon D3100, digital camera. Can I use my Nikon 6006 lenses on the Nikon D3100 body?

Recommend a nanny camera or hidden camera system [ 5 Answers ]

I am hiring a live-in nanny and like any paranoid but responsible parent I want nanny cams. Can anyone recommend a company or system for me asap. I want hidden cameras. I would like to be able to view my house while traveling via internet. Also I want to record all activity in the house. Please...

View more questions Search