Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TattzAndPierced Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2014, 04:30 AM
    Is this keloid going..
    I know this one is quite popular, but I really need help.
    My Hypertrophic Scar on my nose has been hell. It was pierced on the 7th October, with a needle and then a hoop put in. A month later, the dreaded bump reared his ugly head. Long story short, the bump has fluctuated in size, been punched, inflamed and bled.
    I have been doing the SSS as everyone suggests, but it just won't go!
    What can I do, or do I just need to persevere?
    Thanks in advance

Pics attached:
    View image: IMG 1564
    View image: IMG 1565
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Dec 22, 2014, 12:15 PM
    The scarring you're suffering is because of 'trauma', which a piercing ultimately causes. Its natural. A lot of research about this I did before getting my piercings showed that tea tree oil was great in clearing up keloids and hypertrophic scarring, but since your bump still sounds pretty irritated, I think that's going to be a little too strong
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 22, 2014, 01:49 PM
    No, that isn't a keloid, it is something else and I think you should go back to who pierced it and show them, or a visit to your doctor may help as well. Sorry, no other suggestions other then this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a Keloid? [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm a 15 year old girl and I've gotten my cartilage piercing done. I've had the piercing for about over 12 weeks, but I'm not sure exactly how long its been since I've gotten it pierced. I had it done at Claire's with a gun (probably BIG mistake)and recently I've noticed the back of it has a...

How can I tell if I'm getting a keloid [ 1 Answers ]

I got a piercing 3 weeks ago and I I've noticed a small bown mark close to my piercing.. is it a keloid?

How do I know if this is a keloid? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so in the ending of January I got my bellybutton pierced. I started to get really stressed and I guess I got a bump around the piercing. I left it in and tried cleaning it but nothing really worked. My parents do not know about my peircing so I didn't know who to go to. I ended up taking it...

Is this a Keloid? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm thinking it's a keloid. I really hope it isn't. I got my nose done about a month ago. Probably a week an a half after, I almost ripped it out, from the stem getting caught on my towel. A week after that it came out, some how. Since I got it back in, there was a small bump. Which got a little...

View more questions Search