Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techtimdavis Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2014, 08:02 AM
    How do I connect my HP Laserjet 1300 to the usb port on netgear WNDR3400v2
    I want to connect my HP laserjet 1300 to my netgear WNDR3400v2 I already installed the Netgear USB control center software on my PC, but it does not detect the printer connected to the usb port on the router. I have the latest firmware update installed on the router which is v1.0.0.38. When I run the troubleshooter it says it cannot be contacted over the network. I just want to be able to use the printer without it being connected to a specific computer on my network.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 12, 2014, 10:42 AM
    Taken from the manual:

The USB port on the router can be used only to connect USB storage devices like flash drives or hard drives.
    Do not connect computers, USB modems, printers, CD drives, or DVD drives to the router USB port.
    Source:
    http://www.downloads.netgear.com/fil..._23JAN2013.pdf
    Page 49
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2014, 11:16 AM
    Apparently there is an optional wireless module you can get for it. But only 802.11b so you may have to downgrade your wireless speed and encryption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting over NETGEAR USB [ 10 Answers ]

I need to right click and repair the connection every time I try connecting to the internet after that its OK. Any ideas why it won't connect automatically when I switch the PC on.

USB port [ 1 Answers ]

USB 1.0, 2.0 n now 3.0... As what I know the USB head consists of 4 wires. Can anyone explain: 1. Wat are the 4 wires and their functions? 2. most importantly, how does these wire transfer data? ( I mean like is it really it transfer in binary voltage pulse form to represent a signal?Im...

NETGEAR wireless usb [ 1 Answers ]

I'm using wg111v2 usb connection to a computer that was connected over a LAN. I'm being asked for a password and I've lost the option to select user accounts on swt on. I know there is a fix for this anyone point me at the right place Cheers

Netgear USB Adapter [ 1 Answers ]

I have two USB adapters and cannot get either to work. I know I may be a little dense. I am trying to link a Laptop (which has its own adapter) to my PC and thereby to my Printer, but I give up!!

HP laserjet 1300 leaves marks on top left corner [ 2 Answers ]

HP laserjet 1300 The printer prints with a scratch on top left of every page. No problem with contents but leaves some stretch marks (as if it were jammed on that section only) every time. Any suggestion?

View more questions Search