Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reenbike Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2014, 08:05 AM
    Chromecast to Composite Cable TV
    I want to hook up my old SONY WEGA Projection TV to Chromecast so I can run itunes downloads and Netflex movie downloads on the HDTV. I have been told that I can connect the Chromecast to an "HDMI to Composite Cable (yellow,red,white) Converter Adapter" and then connect my TV with composite cables to they HDMI/AV adapter. Will that work.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 11, 2014, 08:20 AM
    I have a Chromecast on a new TV. My understanding that the whole idea of paying $35 for it is so that it's wireless - no extra benefit. I had the same results before, with an HDMI cable from my computer to me TV, for less money.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2014, 08:43 AM
    Here is a pretty good article,

chromecast TV has no HDMI port RCA | vimalsuresh
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 11, 2014, 11:30 AM
    My point is that it's pointless to buy a Chromecast when you need a cable anyway.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2014, 11:45 AM
    Not in this case since it takes a TV with composite inputs and makes it a wireless receiver of sorts. Quite a neat trick fro an old TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I replaced the cable, cleaned & lubed the deck parts, works fine until I attach cable [ 0 Answers ]

42" Craftsman mower. I can move the idler pulley easily, the cable moves fine (new) but when I attach the cable it won't pull the idler pulley. I don't see any visible reason for this. Any ideas?

Can you put brass cable glands on Aluminimum armour cable [ 1 Answers ]

Can you put brass cable glands on Aluminimum armour cable

Can telephone cable and television cable put in one electrical conduit [ 5 Answers ]

Can telephone cable and television cable put in one electrical conduit?

Connecting VCR, Cable Box, DVD, and Cable Internet [ 2 Answers ]

How do you connect cable wires to the cable box, broadband cable internet, a VCR, and a DVD player and still be able to watch a movie on VCR but also be able to record what's on TV with the VCR.

View more questions Search