Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2014, 05:38 PM
    Safety Bars in Bath
    How safe are suction safety bars around the tub. I need to have them installed, but am afraid of the suction type, although I am told they are strong. I am considering stainless steel bars that would be installed by drilling holes in my tiles. Please advise if you have any info on this and if they need to be installed into the tiles, I assume this is not such a big job. Appreciate your help. Thank You.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 10, 2014, 05:55 PM
    Definitely install into the tiles. What if you need to use one with all your weight, such as lifting yourself out of the bath with an injured leg? I just can't imagine who might have told you that suction cup type bars hold.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2014, 06:56 PM
    Get a suction type and try it. For screw mounted types, if you read the instructions, a certain percentage of the screws MUST be installed into wall studs or structural members not just into the tile with plastic anchors. You need a good diamond bit to go through some types of tile. Be very careful or you will crack the tile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New plumbing from beginning to end 1 bath 1 kitchen house... May add 2nd bath [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Mr. Tom, I'm rehabbing a house from beginning to end. Everything is gutted out walls, plumbing and all.. I have a Stink stack and just cold water lines ran. How and where do I begin on running all new plumbing for my house.. Approx how hard would it be and what would it cost? I consider...

What is difference between safety belt and safety harness? [ 1 Answers ]

What is difference between safety belt and safety harness?

What is the difference between safety belt and safety harness [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between safety belt and safety harness?

Black water pipe underneath bath tub, is that connected to bath? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm taking apart my bath tub I guess its fiberglass I'm cutting it in pieces because I don't know any other to do it, but I saw that it has a black drainage pipe right in the middle of the tub underneath. Is that connected some how and can I cut around it or do I have to disconnect it from the...

View more questions Search