Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lramos1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2014, 06:51 AM
    Solar Cells
    I want to do a project with my middle school students using solar cells to power motors. The motors are: 0.5–2.5 V at 0.1–0.3A and the solar cells are: Voltage: 1V and Current: 200mA.

Would this solar cells be enough to run the generators (one cell per generator) or do I needlarger cells? Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated it,
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 10, 2014, 09:20 AM
    The solar cell should be capable of turning the motor - assuming the solar has sufficient sun light acting on it, though you may want to wire two cells in parallel just to be sure. But then you referred to the motors as generators - why? Are you planning to hook up a mechanical load to the motor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solar Cells and Grid Tie Inverter [ 0 Answers ]

I am interested in building a set of solar panels and connecting them to a grid tie inverter. I understand a 3 X 6 solar cell produces .5 volts, 3.6 amps and 1.8 watts. I need to know how to determine how many cells I can connect to a single inverter. Say for example, 200 cells would produce 360...

Structural differences is that eukaryotic cells evolved from prokaryotic cells? [ 0 Answers ]

I have this for homework and don't get it? Can u plese help me? Thanks

The Cells [ 2 Answers ]

What would happen if the nucleus was taken out?

Clicking differnet cells and it selecting all cells [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondered if anyone knew what I did to get ms excel to select all cells from A1 to what ever cell I clicked on. Thought it was sticky keys but it was turned off. Clicked left mouse button and it moved cells then when I clicked other cells it started using that as a new ref point and selecting...

Solar cells [ 1 Answers ]

I was flicking through the TV the other day and stopped on a science show that was talking about a new kind of solar cell,one that also absorbes infrared light . Has anyone heard of this breakthrough?and if so please tell me who is making these strides.Because being able to use the infrared would...

View more questions Search