Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12harshada34 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2014, 08:02 PM
    If Parent company is E-verified does its subsidiary considered E-verified.
    I have question regarding the E-verification. Currently, I am employee of XYZ company which is not E-verified company. But In 2011, ABC company acquired XYZ company as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary that continues to thrive as a stand-alone company. And ABC is E-verified. Both companies are in USA.
    So is it possible that I can use the E-verification number of ABC company when I file my OPT Extension.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 6, 2014, 08:02 AM
    What country are these companies organized in? One would have to know this in order to understand your question.

And verification for what purpose?

Finally, you seem to be contradicting yourself. You first write that XYX is not e-verified, but then you go on to write "... XYZ company which is E-verified ...". Which is it?
    12harshada34 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2014, 10:43 AM
    @AK Lawyer... I sorry for the confusion.I corrected my question. Both companies are in USA. And In USA to file OPT extension you need to have E-verified employer.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 6, 2014, 04:04 PM
    You are still not clear.

In the US, most companies are either corporations, LLCs, sole proprietorships, or partnerships (The use of the term "company", without identifying it as one of those entities, suggested that you were non-US). Which is it?

I now understand that one company (i.e.: the "parent" company) owns another company (the "child" company) and the owned (child) company is your employer. I take it that you are talking about taxpayer ID numbers (employer ID number, or EIN), and that you seek to file an extension on some sort of federal tax return. In that case no, you cannot use the EIN of the parent company if you are an employee of the child company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When the parent company sells a portion of its investment in a subsidiary, the workpa [ 1 Answers ]

When the parent company sells a portion of its investment in a subsidiary, the workpaper entry to adjust for the current year's income sold to noncontrolling stockholders includes a ? Debit to Subsidiary Income Sold. Debit to Equity in Subsidiary Income. Credit to Equity...

Parent & subsidiary questions [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I have a question I hope you guys can answer. So the story is a parent company and its subsidiary have the conditions stated below... and I have to prepare the working paper elimination entries. 1 Acquired interest: 100% Amount paid: 1,450,000 Subsidiary capital balances-

European company wants to open Florida subsidiary? [ 2 Answers ]

Sunbiz.org What is the best way to open an Inc. in Florida, which is owned by European based Ltd. The European company is owned by 3 individuals. We want to open up its subsidiary in Florida, but with me as a part of the company's ownership. I am base here in US. Who should be the...

Elixir Industry, parent or subsidiary [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if Elixir Industry, with addresses in Las Vegas, NV (for tax purposes I'm guessing) and Orange, CA, manufacturers of EZorb, is the parent company or a subsidiary. Their web site is devoid of any information about company officers, contact phone numbers for the various...

View more questions Search