Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Dec 5, 2014, 06:02 PM
    Stomach issues
    I have been experiencing extreme stomach pain after I only have one beer. It's been happening for two months and I don't know why. I have been to doctor and they drew blood from me and said everything is normal. I'm always feeling tired as well even though I get plenty of sleep and I also get headaches a lot and the only thing that helps my headaches go away is Advil. Which I heard is not good to take but it's really the only thing that gets rid of my headache fast. I went to the hospital a few months ago as well for gastritis, but I think that would have been gone by now. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this and what I can do about it. Also today I have had an empty feeling in my stomach even though I have eaten enough to make me full, but my stomach still feel empty.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 6, 2014, 09:36 AM
    I have noticed you have quit smoking, and changed your diet in the last 6 months. Have you also gone on a exercise program, or talked to an diet clinician about nutrients, vitamins and staying properly hydrated?

Dec 6, 2014, 02:05 PM
    No I just go to the gym a few times a week but I haven't talked to anyone.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 6, 2014, 02:09 PM
    We cant diagnose here, no one can diagnose on the net. Best for you to visit your doctor.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2014, 12:04 PM
    Surprised with your symptoms no Upper GI testing.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 7, 2014, 12:16 PM
    Speaking as someone with chronic heartburn (stomach acid) and a bit of acid reflux, I am always surprised when I encounter someone who has it too, but doesn't even know enough to try antacid tablets to see if they work. If a TUMS works instantly, then you have a simple case of heartburn.

HOWEVER, real pain after one beer can be just a need to burp, all the way to an ulcer, and other things in between, so go back to the doctor, or find a better one! A blood panel is a good start for just about anyone, but if they are normal, then you go back for more tests!

Dec 7, 2014, 06:28 PM
    Well just the other night I had one drink and was puking up blood. I have tried tums before but it's not heartburn. I have gone to my doctor a few times in the past two months and nothing has shown up in my bloodstream. They just say everything is normal. I have some pills that I got from the hospital and I have been taking them, but those are running out. I just can afford to go to the hospital again for it and I keep wasting my money and time going to the doctors just to get a result saying everything is good. I'll try again but with a different doctor this time and hopefully I find out something.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 7, 2014, 06:39 PM
    Vomiting blood is an emergency. You should have gone to the ER.

You need to see a gastroenterologist. Just because your blood comes back fine that doesn't mean you are okay.

Dec 7, 2014, 08:03 PM
    I just can't afford to go to the er. It wasn't that much blood though.
    Expert

Dec 7, 2014, 08:37 PM
    You can't afford to go to the ER. Can your family afford your funeral?

Hospitals have programs in place to help those that are uninsured.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 7, 2014, 08:41 PM
    NOW you tell us that you 'have some pills that I got from the hospital and I have been taking them, but those are running out.' WHAT ARE THEY??? Why didn't you mention them at the beginning????
    Do as J_9 says. You are not helping the people who might be able to help you online. Your condition is not one for asking about online anyway.
    Expert

Dec 7, 2014, 08:43 PM
    Sounds like it could possibly be an ulcer, but I can't diagnose that online.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm DILATED to a ONE, and having stomach issues please help! [ 16 Answers ]

First things first this is my second son first son that has lived. WELL, The other day (maybe 5 days ago) I went to the hospital because I was having leakage in my vaginal area and having some minor cramps and tightening of my stomach. The doctors did some tests and it came back that my water did...

stomach issues [ 2 Answers ]

About my stomach I had my gallbladder take out in may and for the last four days I've been sick to my stomach and I thrower up a lot today but when I did I noticed I had onions in it the last time I ate onions was fathers day what do u think it could be?

Severe stomach issues [ 1 Answers ]

I've had severe stomach pains for years and have been to several emergence rooms to no avail. Stomach pain, throwing up, and diarrhea is a constant part of my life. I've been tested for hiv A and B and I'm negative. When I get over heated these conditions worsen. Please advise

Stomach issues [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I am having major stomach issues waking me up during the night and diarrhea. I am having pain in and around the ovaries and lower stomach area when I go to the bathroom. FOr most of the day I have a gurggling in my stomach with a dull pain in the lower abdomen. I have googled everything I am...

Stomach issues [ 1 Answers ]

Doubled over in pain last night due to severe stomach pains. Following day had a very uneasy stomach, followed by severe nausea after eating. What is going on? I just want to be normal!

View more questions Search