Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Quigonjin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2014, 01:00 AM
    Socially acceptable
    My office is in an office complex where the front doors of two businesses face each other and share the same lobby. Both businesses have glass windows and doors and reception desks that face each other. Whenever I go through the doors I feel like I should smile at the receptionist or raise my hand in a greeting type fashion because she has no where else to look but directly at the person exiting the office. Should I introduce myself or wave or just continue to pretend like I don't see her?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2014, 02:55 AM
    I would guess, normally she is busy and does not have time to wave at anyone that happens to be coming in and out of your office.

You could stop once, and introduce yourself, but it is not really needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm socially self destructing myself. Please help me. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, First of all I got to tell you that English is my second language but I'll try my best. I am 26, doing my master's degree and love my field (Theatre) so everything seems fine about intellectual skills. However, when it comes to social situations I feel like I've got an inner impulse to...

I don't know how to connect with people socially so I stay isolated [ 11 Answers ]

Listen I need help. I want to make more friends sometimes. I have 2 people that I know but they are disabled neighbors, they are nice though. I have asperger syndrome and depression. I get anxiety trying to communicate with people, it get so uncomfortable that I just give up social events and...

Socially immature [ 2 Answers ]

Good Evening, I've always been different and never fit in. I grew up in a rural area and was teased by everyone in school primarily because I talked like a "girl". I remember purposely being in trouble and sent to detention just so I wouldn't have to be alone at recess or break. I couldn't...

Overanalytic, cold, and socially awkward. [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I am an 18 year old college student who goes to a pretty large university and I apologize in advance for the long post, but I think this needs explained clearly for the best help. I have moved around several times in my life. I am the youngest of 4 children with a single mother. My...

When does copying become socially inappropriate? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok folks, I see great potential for mega flames here, but please not on my first post! Also please understand I have Asperger's Syndrome; what appear to be very small things for most people feel like giant issues to me. There have been tears, angst and much therapy to resolve The Saga of the...

View more questions Search