Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natasha stuart Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2014, 08:33 AM
    Fatness problem
    Hi all,

I am 24 woman, I am 5'4 feet, I have measures 36-33-39
    I feel so bad that sometimes I can't wear the outfit I like just because of my fatness. :(
    My question is what should be my measure as my height and age ?
    How do I know my perfect shape ? And what to do to have an attractive figure for my age ?

And Yeah, I do go to gym.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 3, 2014, 09:15 AM
    How much do you weigh at the present time ? That would be a good start. You measurements do not indicate you are fat.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2014, 11:55 AM
    "How do I know my perfect shape ?" Genetics have shaped some ethnicities. You may never be" perfect", at least in your eyes. Look for slimming outfits, nothing tight at the waist or hips.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 3, 2014, 01:14 PM
    What's so important about an attractive figure? Do you realize how many men say things like "Yeah, lousy personality but what a figure!" Is that what you want?
    Besides, attractiveness is half a friendly, nice, outgoing, honest personality and half face. Your eyes mostly! Don't you look at people's eyes first? I do. They say a lot about how kind and thoughtful someone is.
    If you are just trying to find a husband, your eyes will look desperate.
    Go take a course, walk with friends in parks, read a book at a coffee shop or join a book group, get a camera and go outside taking pictures. There are thousands of ways to be attractive.

(My hips have been bigger than my bust my whole life, and I'm 40 years older than you. I wasn't crazy about it, but it seemed to run in my family. Live with it. As for men? Some like women that way. But who cares, right?)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2014, 03:19 PM
    Sounds like you are a pear shape, this can be heriditary or eating the wrong things, don't eat things loaded with sugar or drink coke, etc. You can be much the same measurement all your adult life but we do tend to gain weight around the middle as we get older so exercise is important so this doesn't get out of hand. So the questions you should think about is when did you become unhappy about your proportions, Was there an emotional event that triggered weight gain, what is your ideal weight and can your gym suggest a program to help you find and attain your goals

Dec 3, 2014, 07:09 PM
    At the moment my weigh is 60 kg. And no, I am not teying to impress or looking for a husband here.
    But actually I want to do modeling but just because of my weight I can't do this. No, I don't feel sad at all I am happy all the time. :) I just want to know perfect shape as per my age and height.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 4, 2014, 04:02 AM
    Sorry, but there is no 'perfect shape' for weight and height and/or measurements. This is what makes us all special in our own way. You are genetically programmed to be the way you are, although you can alter that somewhat by working out and dieting and dressing differently.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 4, 2014, 07:33 AM
    Natasha, having a goal like modeling is admirable, but models are so thin that many of them starve themselves. And they started out thinner than most of us to begin with. It doesn't sound realistic.

I'm sorry that I thought that you just wanted to be attractive to men. The best ways to lose weight are the usual two: eat small amounts of healthy food, and exercise.
    Whole books and industries revolve around HOW to eat, so I won't go into it here. I struggle myself.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 4, 2014, 07:41 AM
    Spam post removed.

To the OP. You are 5 feet 4 inches tall and 132 pounds. That is appropriate for you. There is nothing wrong with that. If you lost any weight you would look malnourished.

Ask any man. They want a woman who looks healthy. They don't want a stick figure. Most models live a very unhealthy lifestyle.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2014, 02:35 PM
    Your height will keep you from modeling jobs in high fashion or traditional runway, but there are many opportunities that go beyond those options. More and more agencies hire models who will appeal to a greater section of the population. They want, and need, people who look like ordinary people. You could possibly do print work, commercials, event modeling, etc..

If you are eating well, getting regular exercise, and not overeating, you are doing all that you can. While weight can be altered, genetics, and at a certain point body shape, can not.

Don't get fixated on a particular outfit or style, there are many to choose from and you can find styles that suit and flatter your build.

Dec 5, 2014, 12:41 AM
    Wow, thank you all so much for the satisfactory answers and great advices.
    I have understood what you all trying to say. Thanks to everyone to give me your time. :)
    Sounds like joypulv and J9 are females. :) Bless you all. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 honda accord 10th anniversary edition -problem with emc and or fuel problem [ 3 Answers ]

Thank you for your quick response and research in helping me with my problem that I posted yesterday.I am having a hard time trying to understand what is going on with my car. History of the car: purchased in 1996 with 59,372 miles, now have 132,000 miles and it has all original factory parts...

I am having a problem with practice problem number one in Office Machines with excel [ 3 Answers ]

Applications 6th edition. The book says 3, 360 and I got 528. What am I overlooking"

Increasing fatness [ 2 Answers ]

How to become fat within 1 month??

Why am I fat and what is the my fatness [ 6 Answers ]

Why am I fat and what is the causes of that. What can I do to reduce my fatness

1995 Altima Idleing problem Knock & O2 sensor, EGR Flow Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1995 Nissan Altima with 67,000 miles. When the car is idleing when I start it or when it is at a red light the rpm's go from 6000 to 9000. It sounds like I am reving the engine. The engine sounds fine when I am driving the car ( rpm's are consitent). I went to AutoZone the read out errors...

View more questions Search