Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JCSVAZQUEZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2014, 12:17 PM
    My sister get court injunction to keep father in nursing home
    I have poa financial and medical and my father had been discharged from nursing home and before he got to leave she had a court injunction served on the nursing home does he have rights when he is of sound mind just can not speak
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 1, 2014, 12:35 PM
    Was their a hearing for the injunction? There should have been and you should have appeared as his POA with his doctor to tell the court that he no longer needs the home. If you were not informed of the hearing then you should go back to the court that issued it and ask that it be vacated. However, your sister must have given some evidence to the court as to why he should not have been discharged. You, he and his doctors need to convince the court that you sister's reasons are invalid.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 1, 2014, 03:45 PM
    You had the POA, you should have been his voice, but is he really able to live outside the nursing home; does he need constant care? This is what you need to know.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2014, 04:40 PM
    You sister must have presented evidence to the court, to have this happen, who was served with legal notice of the hearing?

And of course, an injunction of what, if he is physically able, if he gets up, gets dressed and walks out the door, who is going to stop him ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal rights of bio children to keep father out of a nursing home. [ 7 Answers ]

Our stepmother has started making comments similar to the ones she stated before our biological grandmother was put into an assisted living center, about our father. I asked her if our dad knows she planning on putting him in there and she then changed her answer and said oh no... I've changed my...

Did I violate hipaa law by adding my father to a nursing home? [ 5 Answers ]

My father stopped walking about 6 months again. I realized when I took notice of him having the same cloths on for three day. But, I wasn’t until he stated to have accident and not able to walk to the bathroom. We briefly discussed calling EMSA to get him to a VA hospital in our area. When that was...

I am on skilled care in a nursing home do I have to pay them my srs nursing home [ 0 Answers ]

I am in a nursing home under medicare and medicaid. I came back from the hospital and received skill care for 90 days. Do I still have to pay my monthly payments to the nursing home on top of my medicare and medicaid payments?

My husband is in a nursing home, does he have to respond to a court summons? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is in a nursing home and cannot respond to a court summons from a debt collector.. what will happen if he doesn't show up?

What are the steps to having my father evaluated and committed into a nursing home? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently gave up my job, my house, my grandkids, my friends and most of the things I love. I moved 258 miles to care for my father because I was told by the girl he raised, that I am his only blood and it is my responsibility to care for him. It took me 6 mns to get my affairs in order to make...

View more questions Search