Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julie2015 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2014, 04:31 PM
    I want to know if she want a relationship with me ?
    There's a lady that did a few things like hug me ask for my name and tried to call me I think she send me a bunch of mix message I think she likes me but I'm kind of confused I'm a lesbian and I think she's one too
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 29, 2014, 04:37 PM
    You could ask her. We don't know her so we don't know if she wants a relationship with you.

Nov 29, 2014, 04:46 PM
    I know I can do that but this all happen during my work and she's my client and I don't know how I can ask her and stay professional about my work and when she's wanted to hug I had to avoided her hug I turned and touch her back with affection
    Expert

Nov 29, 2014, 04:53 PM
    If she is your client then she is off limits as far as an intimate relationship goes. Keep it business-like.

Nov 29, 2014, 05:00 PM
    My field give me the right to date or have a relationship with my clients out of my work time but how can I let her know how I feel for her or ask her how she feel for me if when I see her its only as a client was thinking go where she goes out of my work area like a certain bar I think I will try that but thanks for trying to help me though
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2014, 08:37 PM
    No, there is no field, where having a relationship with a client is a good idea. End of discussion. A failed relationship will harm business relations.

Nov 29, 2014, 08:55 PM
    I prefer to have her in my personal life n she can become client of another co-worker if we become serious but I understand your point of vue thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 30, 2014, 05:51 AM
    You have such grand plans for someone you cannot even talk to. What are you afraid of?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2014, 05:56 AM
    The issue with any relationship, is one of you, has to take a risk and say something,

Nov 30, 2014, 06:38 AM
    Sometimes your afraid to talk fears of rejection as my grand plan I have no plan except trying to know her real feelings towards me as you most all known woman send mix signals and nothing really clear and simple I know I'm a woman lol but this Week will try to clarified the situation and thanks
    Expert

Nov 30, 2014, 07:55 AM
    If she is your client she needs to know your name, and most likely your number. As for the hug. Many women are huggers. Don't read too much in to this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 30, 2014, 07:56 AM
    Peoples real feelings are seldom known for months as they, while maybe willing to experiment and explore possibilities, don't know themselves, so don't be insecure, and take it personally. You talk and find out, as there are more rejections than not, and its always been that way, so its your own fears of rejection that makes this such a big deal.

Fear in itself is a mixed signal, when it comes to inviting another adult for a drink outside of work.

Nov 30, 2014, 08:17 AM
    Yes your right talaniman :-)

Nov 30, 2014, 08:24 AM
    Im afraid that she don't have feelings for me because I do have feelings for her and really never made first move in my life didn't have too but I have the feeling she thinks the same and that's she's afraid to to be honest fears of rejection too probably lol but if I look back at what happen so far she's did more that I did so I guess now I will just go and jump and admit no matter what will be the result because not knowing make me sick and I cant keep going like this anymore thanks for the extra push I needed... Julie
    Expert

Nov 30, 2014, 08:26 AM
    I hope it works out for you, but if she is offended it could backfire and you could lose your job. Are you prepared for that?

Nov 30, 2014, 08:35 AM
    No danger for my job because I will do this after work neutral place public place and video are use to protect us that's why I avoid her direct hug when she wanted to hug me out of my work area I cant be touch unless its criminal charges or civil charges but just asking I'm I wrong sherril or do have personal feelings for me as a woman its not illegal all I can do after avoid her as my client and stated for personal reasons that's all but thanks for warning me
    Expert

Nov 30, 2014, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by julie2015 View Post
    No danger for my job because I will do this after work neutral place public place and video are use to protect us that's why I avoid her direct hug when she wanted to hug me out of my work area I cant be touch unless its criminal charges or civil charges but just asking I'm I wrong sherril or do have personal feelings for me as a woman its not illegal all I can do after avoid her as my client and stated for personal reasons that's all but thanks for warning me
    There is plenty of danger to your job. She is your client and if you approach her about a relationship, and she does not reciprocate your feelings, you could be setting yourself up for a sexual harassment charge. Just asking that question could be construed as sexual harassment by the wrong person.

Nov 30, 2014, 08:56 AM
    I guess I will have to take the risk but asking someone if she as personal feelings for you not really a sexual harrasement but I was asking her to have sex with her yes but that video will show I avoid her hug in case she turns around but sherril. A very caring and honest lady someone you can trust and won't makeup story nothing sexual in this phrase to you have personal feelings for me I do have a background in law field no my rights that's why I avoid her hug during my work because its was to intimate but because of me avoiding her hug you can see tears in her eyes and I'm stuck with that image in my memory and its hurt because I really want to hug her too and tell her I'm here and I care for u :-(
    Expert

Nov 30, 2014, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by julie2015 View Post
    I guess I will have to take the risk but asking someone if she as personal feelings for you not really a sexual harrasement but I was asking her to have sex with her yes but that video will show I avoid her hug in case she turns around but sherril. A very caring and honest lady someone you can trust and won't makeup story nothing sexual in this phrase to you have personal feelings for me I do have a background in law field no my rights that's why I avoid her hug during my work because its was to intimate but because of me avoiding her hug you can see tears in her eyes and I'm stuck with that image in my memory and its hurt because I really want to hug her too and tell her I'm here and I care for u :-(
    Asking a someone if they have feelings for you can indeed be construed as sexual harassment. Apparently you have no knowledge of corporate law.
    Expert

Nov 30, 2014, 09:14 AM
    Simply forwarding a funny email could be considered sexual harassment if the person you forwarded it to doesn't agree with your train of thought b

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does a relationship with a person I support differ to relationship with a friend? [ 2 Answers ]

How does my relationship with the person I support differ to relationship with a friend?

Do I end my bad relationship and wait for my ex girlfriend and see how her relationship goes? [ 26 Answers ]

Well I and my now ex girlfriend were in a long distance relationship, and she had told me a little after we were dating she was a cheater. But I didn't give much thought about it. A little while later she tells me she cheated on me and had sex with a guy. Even though she did hurt me, I still wanted...

Non sexual relationship dating and relationship manipulation [ 15 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy that I believe to be a really good guy, he is 16 yrs my senior( I'm 23). He has been married once and has 3 kids from that marriage, he says he has never been in a non-sexual relationship and neither have I ,but I am starting to become more active in my church and...

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

View more questions Search