Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wonderling Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Nov 29, 2014, 09:22 AM
    How to re-install Windows after Linux
    Hello~
    My son-in-law put Linux on our Toshiba laptop, now he's the only one that knows how to work the computer. How do we remove Linux and re-install Windows? If I wait for him to do it, it won't get done. Grr!
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2014, 12:31 PM
    You will probably want to try to use the recovery media for the computer. Here you will find the instructions. There is a good chance the recovery partition was deleted, and you will probably have to use the Recovery CD method. If so, and you don't have any recovery CD's, then you will probably have to order them from Toshiba Support.

You will also probably want to restore the computer to the factory state. Keep in mind this will delete everything already on the computer.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 29, 2014, 03:39 PM
    Is there anyway he set this up to dual boot? Meaning that upon booting your laptop, you're presented with an option on which Operating System you'd like to use.

Dec 24, 2014, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    Is there anyway he set this up to dual boot? Meaning that upon booting your laptop, you're presented with an option on which Operating System you'd like to use.
    I don't know. :( It's all too complicated for me. Thank you for your response though.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 24, 2014, 12:18 PM
    Well what happens when you boot? Does it go directly to Linux?

Jun 27, 2015, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Well what happens when you boot? Does it go directly to Linux?
    Hi. Yes it does. We can't even figure out how to play a movie disk on the thing now. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I had given up and came on today to ask a different question. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install linux with windows xp already there [ 7 Answers ]

How to install fedora 7 with windows xp already installed.I am a lay man,so tell me step by step

Can Linux install on the external harddisk ? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I would like to ask something about Linux . Can I install and use the Linux in external harddisk ? Can It be boot from external hard drive ? Because I don't want to install to my PC and Laptop. I only want to install on external hard drive and use on 2 PCs may be at laptop or PC...

How to install Linux ubuntu in Windows XP machine as a dual boot [ 2 Answers ]

I Have Windows Xp Installed In My Pc, And I Have Download Iso File Of Linux Ubuntu, I Want To Install That In Same Machine , Please Tell Me How I Can Install The Same As A Dual Boot... :)

Linux/Windows XP Uninstalling [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone here give me help in uninstalling Windows XP and installing Linux? My friend told me to get Linux because it's much better, but I'm having a hard time uninstalling Windows XP (Professional). Giving me steps to instaling Linux would also be a help me a bundle.

View more questions Search