Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Topshelf2275 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2014, 04:39 PM
    Unlawfully terminated and harassment
    I work at a billion dollar company, in the warehouse for 16+ yrs. Was fired three yrs ago for supposedly walking off the job. After nine month's and battling them for unemployment and winning. They decided tooo reinstate me back to work. Now two weeks ago , I again was fired for maliciously destroying company product. Which the cases I destroyed we shipped to the store anyhow, no picture of the damage and here say to the fact they were truly damaged. I have seen the tape, the statements and evidence. I also have a daily log of events from supervisors (one in particular), who continues to harass me and single me out. Pages upon pages of documented and signed by other employee's as witnessed events.H.R Was notifed and I spoke directly with my lead supervisor, the man in charge of the warehouse and the second in charge of the warehouse abut this supervisor. Iam looking to sue for defamation of my name,harassment, and foe being unlawfully fired TWICE.Any advice? Thank you kindly.. Practicing for retirement. .
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 28, 2014, 05:06 PM
    Sadly the majority of employees in the work force are at will employees. That means that you can be fired at any time for no reason at all. They seem to have reasons, that you dispute, but frankly, they don't really need a reason.

As for defamation, what have they said that's defamatory? Can you prove, in court, that they're lying? Most importantly, what have you lost because of this supposed defamation, and can you prove that the loss was a direct result of the supposed defamation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrongfully fined for "unlawfully taking possession of merchandise" [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, me and 2 friends are in a sticky situation and we're just looking for some options on what we can do about this. I'll try to keep it short, this happened in BC, Canada. A little over 2 weeks ago, we were a group of 5 (all age 18) hanging out at the mall. It ended when 2 of our friends...

Unlawfully fired due to medical reasons? [ 6 Answers ]

Recently, I have been fired from a job that I held for three and half years. I had requested medical leave in order to have surgery to remove a large tumor, requesting a six week absence. Complications arose two and half weeks after the surgery, which resulted in not one but two more surgeries in...

My father was killed unlawfully. Would the court have awarded me compensation? [ 1 Answers ]

My father was killed when I was 5 by a reckless driver, who was prosecuted and found guilty. At the time he was killed, he had recently divorced my mother and re-married. I ended up in care and lost touch with my mother. Would the court have awarded myself and my 2 older brothers compensation? We...

Theft under 5000 and being unlawfully in a dwelling [ 3 Answers ]

For the past 2 yrs I have been on a methadone maitenace program, for a serious opiate abuse problem. Over a yr ago I got a job as a home support worker, helping people in there homes. About 3 months ago I got a new client who was prescribed methadose for pain. I'm not going to sugar coat this...

Division of assets unlawfully [ 1 Answers ]

My wife filed a restraining order on me. While I was in jail my wife sold my truck, put house up for sale, and gave my dog away. Is there anything I can do? Is this legal? How can I keep an eye on my property if I can't talk to wife or go near my house? Is it legal to list a home for sale without...

View more questions Search