Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2014, 05:55 AM
    TV Sound Problem
    Hello:

All of a sudden my sound and video went out of sync. It wasn't consistent, and wasn't the same on each channel. Sometimes it was barely noticeable and sometimes it looked like a bad Japanese movie. So, I called the cable company.. They changed EVERYTHING, and it didn't go away. They really tried, too, so I can't blame them.. Nonetheless, I changed providers to Direct TV. Same thing. Then I changed the only piece of hardware left, my surround sound amplifier. Nothing.. Then I changed my cables. Nada. Could it be the TV itself??

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2014, 06:43 AM
    From all the proper troubleshooting you did it seems to point that way. Best next step would be to have another TV to plug into your set up to finalize the verdict.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2014, 06:55 AM
    Hello NK:

Thanks... I have a second TV in the bedroom and its doing it too..

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2014, 07:00 AM
    Ok, that's weird. So the cable company replaced both set-top digital boxes?
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2014, 07:11 AM
    Hello again, NK:

No.. Because I had the problem on BOTH boxes, I/we determined that it couldn't be them. In any case, those boxes are gone and replaced by Direct TV's.

Maybe it's the differential between my EARS and my EYES. Or maybe global warming caused the speed of sound to increase.. My molars are broadcasting from Mars. It could be them.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sound problem [ 0 Answers ]

I am slowly losing the sound on my asus eeepc 900?

Problem with sound on asus very low sound [ 3 Answers ]

The sound on my asus is very low

Got a SOUND problem! [ 0 Answers ]

We usual arrange parties for people, so have to do catering to video coverage. I would like to make the voice of the host (giving a speech) a bit more loud and clear in the video of that party which has been shot through a handy cam with built in mike. And for future how can I make the voice of...

Sound problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can you please help soundcard installed but no sound to speekers (built into monitor)

SOUND problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a COMPAQ, W98 The problem is probably very simple & stupid: I don't get a sound: I see the CD disks are palying... but it's completely mute :(... checked all the hardware connections... they are OK... however I lost "sound" icon on the lower right hand corner... Any ideas what I...

View more questions Search