Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tausif181 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2014, 11:19 PM
    Hospitality Business.
    I have sold holiday package to client worth Rs.200000 and received Rs.20000 as down payment and remaining amount will be collect in 36 installments how do I pass these entries in tally.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2014, 07:07 PM
    You create a debtors account for the 200000 debit debtors (client name) credit sales, You record the deposit 20000 credit debtors account debit cash and as each installment is collected; credit debtors account debit cash.

If you are working purely on a cash basis you might want to record the cash received as sales when you receive it but the first suggestion is the correct approach.

No doubt you will need to send the debtor an account each month showing the amount to be paid and the outstanding balance

Much of this is dependent on whether the package is for some future date or will be taken soon and paid later

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hospitality Management [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to know how to write an introductory letter to the hotel industry, offering them management consultancy services or to acquire a management contract Thanks TC

I want copies of restaurant business plans and budgets for a class in hospitality. [ 2 Answers ]

I am an instructor in the hospitality industry and are having my students build their own restaurants. I need copies of business plans, marketing plans, and a budget. The fun stuff. They have designed their restaurant, menus and cost out the food, now it is budget time. Where may I help them...

MBA in Hospitality [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to know more about the institutes in India that offer an MBA in Hospitality, their names, locations, and admission requirements.

View more questions Search