Ask
    louis7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2014, 07:56 PM
    Is a monomer is a chain of many polymers
    Is a monomer is a chain of many polymers
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2014, 08:41 PM
    No. Exactly the opposite. Poly is many. Mono is one.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2014, 02:54 PM
    Polymer: Greek Poly-many meros-parts. Grady is correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Polymers confusing me [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing an experiment with polymers trying to create a substance that is rubber like with also the similarity of a soft like durable plastic that is flexible that has a sticky compound to it were it will always be sticky in its form. I have yet to succeed in my works. I'm starting to wonder if...

What type of plastic bottles should I use to decant some liquid monomer into? [ 0 Answers ]

I am a nail technician, and I buy my liquid monomer (acrylic liquid for artificial nails) in large 128oz bottles. I want to be able to decant the liqiuid in 100ml plastic bottles, but when I came online to see sbout buying some, I have found out that there are a few different types of plastic...

Write the monomer of the polymer [ 2 Answers ]

You can see in the picture two polymers A and B. I tried to write the monomer for A I am not sure if is correct and I need help to write the monomer for B. Hope you understand what I mean :). http://p1cture.me/images/00881033236789706745.jpg Thanks.

Conducting polymers [ 16 Answers ]

So far, I've tried to find why cis-polyethyne does not conduct electricity whilst trans-polyethyne does. I've got no satisfactory answer until now, unfortunately. For example, I found this on wikipedia: Conjugated system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia But it doesn't tell me why cis...

View more questions Search