Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2014, 12:28 PM
    Blood Test
    I thought the cholesterol reading was on the CMP blood test which is $23.00
    But it was lipid panel test which cost $63.00. Does that seem correct?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 22, 2014, 01:39 PM
    I don't know where you are. I don't pay for any medical of any sort, I am in Ontario Canada.

It has to be on the lipid panel for a complete reading. It is unfortunate it is so expensive, but completely necessary for health issues of the heart, blood pressure, etc.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 22, 2014, 02:37 PM
    I'm in the US. Cholesterol is part of the Lipid panel. Costs vary from plan to plan, state to state - AND year to year. If you are comparing to 2013, that might be the difference where you are. Expect whopping increases in 2015.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2014, 03:29 PM
    Thank you so much. These people do qualify for Obmacare not Medicaid Nor
    Community Centers. In Florida
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 22, 2014, 03:54 PM
    What else was on the whole test, do you know? For $63, they should have had about 2 pages of line items.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple negative urine test & a blood test but gaining weight,feeling nausea. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 22. I have my last period on 28 Jan 2014. My husband & I have been trying from 5 months but I have got multiple negative urine tests & 1 -ve blood test. I'm gaining weight continuously & getting heartburn & frequent urination. Was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago but always had regular periods....

6 home positive pregnancy test. But low blood test. Is that normal? [ 4 Answers ]

I have done 6 home pregnancy test all which are positive. But my blood test was low. Is that normal?

When a quantitative blood test is done for pregnancy, when is the best time to test? [ 3 Answers ]

When a quantitative blood test is done for pregnancy, when is the best time to test?

Can you be pregnant if a home test and a blood test say no [ 2 Answers ]

Well back in July I took a at home test it said yes went to the er and the blood test said no but I'm gaining weight like crazy and eating foods I normaly don't like can I be pregnant even though the er test said no

I'm two weeks late with my period heaps of crampin done blood test and urine test but [ 1 Answers ]

The tests were negative am I pankin too much!

View more questions Search