Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    auctionjunkie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Looking for capital to relocate my used item business to central Florida?
    The wife and I run a small used item business in a very small market in nc and we would like to move to a larger market preferablly in the central Florida area. We narrowed it down to the lakeland or haines city area.. So my ? Is where could I get the roughly 50,000 needed to relocate to this area and get the place up and running.. my credit is shot because of an extended stay in the hospital of my middle child she was there for 4 months.. so a bank loan would be out... what would be some other options to raise the needed capital?
    adeena Posts: 19, Reputation: 6

Apr 9, 2007, 05:47 PM
    A bank loan is not necessarily out, especially if you own your own home. Talk to a bank. Actually, talk to several. Make sure you ask about "SBA-backed" loans or other SBA options. In fact, check out the Small Business Administrations website (www.sba.gov). If you can show a good history with your business, or that your business has made money in the past, that will help. Having a business plan that describes what you plan to do with the business in the next few years (including the move) will be necessary.

If all else fails, you and/or your wife can take a day job in the place you want to go to, establish yourselves there personally first. Start there running the business part time (or just one of you run it) while establishing yourselves in the new market.

-Adeena

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I relocate? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been working in the Houston area as an accountant for the past seven years (general accounting for 5 years and governmental accounting for 2 years). I graduated from UT-Austin and became a CPA two years ago. I have been sending out resumes since May 2005, however, I've gotten no...

Capital Budgeting and opportunity cost of capital [ 1 Answers ]

Wiley Co. is considering an investment of $200,000 in a project with a 5 year economic life. After tax net income from the project has been calculated at $22,00 per year including a deduction for depreciation of $30,000 per year. The residual or salvage value at the end of 5 years is $50,000....

Relocate a roof support [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm working in the master bath and want to remove an old shower wall. There is a roof support approximately 58" from the corner of the outside wall stubbed with a 2x4 about 16" tall. IM001189.jpg & IM001192.jpg show the 2x4 support. IM001193.jpg shows the corner of the roof at the other...

Relocate washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to relocate my washing machine from an interior room with a washer hookup to a large bedroom closet. The new washer site would be against a wall with bath/shower plumbing. I have no understanding of how plumbing works... before I mention anything to the husband, is it possible to...

View more questions Search