Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zombieman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2005, 04:19 PM
    LP Gas Pressure minimum?
    Ive got a 250gal lp fuel tank. My central unit is giving some major problems after a lighting storm came through. The tech. came out and replaced a defective motor on the unit but is still having problems with the heater staying lit. My tank is at 20%. The tech. is now saying that it is the fuel tank level. He's saying it doesn't have enough pressure at 20% to run correctly. Is this right?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2005, 07:58 PM
    As long as there is one drop of liquid, the system will be at the vapor pressure of the liquid up to any regulator of orifice. I guess when the tank is low, it might not absorb heat fast enough to keep the liquid from being cooled as it evaporates. Cleaning the bottom of the tank and assuring air flow should take care of that.

Once all the liquid is gone, the pressure will drop like a rock.

I think the tech's plan is to delay until the tank is refilled, and hope somebody else is sent out. At least he will buy himself more time to think about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OPT-H1-1040NR-6251-Alternative Minimum Tax [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I am also in a situation which many have already discussed about in this forum. I have also transitioned from OPT to H1 in 2005. But since my status started in October, I had the advantage of filing NR form and taking advantage of the US-India tax treaty. However I had got the...

New minimum monthly credit card payment changes Oct. 1st, 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

Just a heads up to everyone that carries a balance from month to month on their credit cards. On Oct. 1, 2005 the minimum monthly payment will change from 2% of your outstanding balance to 4% of your outstanding balance. An example is that if you owe say $10,000.00 your current minimum payment is...

Copper pipe minimum depth in wall? [ 1 Answers ]

Howdy all, Is there a minimum depth that copper pipe must be installed within walls? In other words, minimum clearance between the pipe and the drywall? I know there is for electrical lines, so somebody hanging a picture doesn't drive the nail in and electrocute themselves. I have an...

View more questions Search