Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jawatt08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2014, 05:00 PM
    Should I call HR if a male coworker shoved me? He apologized
    The manager of the meat Dept in the grocery store I work at has a horrible temper. I had some of my items from my Dept in his cooler, I went to get them and he got VERY angry and shoved me out of the way to go do it himself! Cussing and throwing things! My coworker witnessed this and was afraid of the way he was acting as well, I reported it to my boss, who gave me the HR number and told me to report him. That was yesterday, and today he apologized to me. Should I still report his behavior? He acts like this all the time! He is pretty scary to be around! I think he only apologized because he knows my son is a cop here and he is afraid that he may get charged with something! My son was pretty angry. I don't want him to just get a slap on the wrist, but I also don't want to see anyone get fired either. I just don't know what to do.
    Thank youc
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 19, 2014, 05:16 PM
    This is not acceptable behavior in the work place. HR is there to deal with matters like this. An apology is nice, but only if this were a one time occurrence, which you stated it's not, since he's known to have a temper and not act professionally at work.

Call HR and let them deal with this employee. If he's fired because of this latest occurrence, that's his fault, not yours.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 20, 2014, 08:30 AM
    Listen to your boss. Call HR. He will get a slap on the wrist and it will either get better or worse. If it gets better then that was the wake up call that he needed. If it doesn't then report him again, and make sure the rest of the employees know to report him as well. Just one person is sour grapes, but more then one person and it is a trend where there might be a problem that they could be libel for and they'll need to take action.

It will suck if he gets fired, but if he does it is because of what he did, allowing him to get away with this will show him that his boundaries are larger and less restrained then he originally thought. It could make things MUCH worse.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2014, 06:50 PM
    This needs to be reported to HR, if it happens again, not only reported to HR, but a formal police complaint filed. No your son should not do anything, but allow other police to do it,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a guy and I'm in love with my male coworker [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Here's my story. I started working at this prestigious, conservative company about 5 months ago and I'm gay but I'm not feminine and I'm not out at work. On the first day when they were introducing me my superiors I met this guy who literally took my breathe away. Our eyes locked and I...

Wife talking to male coworker [ 7 Answers ]

My wife 3 weeks ago didn't call when she left work which she does everyday. Well 3 hrs later she finally called and said that she was having drinks with him. I asked her why she didn't call and she said she didn't think about it. Well last week I walked in the bedroom at 10pm and she was on the...

Is male coworker attracted to me [ 5 Answers ]

I've been working at my place of employment for about two years now--I started at age 17 and am now 19. Every other week I work with a man that is about 50 years of age. In the last 4-5 months I've noticed that this coworker seems to really like me. I believe he is physically attracted to me and it...

Wife insists on being friends with male coworker. [ 8 Answers ]

My wife has a coworker who, for almost 2 years now, I've been uncomfortable with. She's spoken highly of him, I've never been able to meet him, she used to work 3rd shift with him at a group home and would bath and get all dressed up before going to 3rd shift. She looked up his home address...

Male coworker avoiding me [ 11 Answers ]

There is a new guy at work--been there about six weeks. He was so sweet and nice at first--made it a point to make eye contact with me and say hi, even if I didn't notice he was around at first. His smile lit up the world. I've smiled and made eye contact right back, and found reasons to visit his...

View more questions Search