Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danielle bull Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2014, 04:16 PM
    Custody of my nephew where do I start
    I have 7 children myself but I believe my nephew should be home with me.he was taken jew to a domestic violence between patent along with 3 siblings.I want him with me how do I approach social services of what I want??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2014, 04:31 AM
    First will parents sign over guardianship or custody to you.

Next, do you have adquate housing, social services will have to inspect your home to meet safety and housing requirements. So will there be an appropriate bed for the child. Is the current home one with at 5 bedrooms, (or more, depending on sex mix of children)

If you believe, you can pass inspection of CPS, and parents agree, you will hire an attorney to work with CPS.

You can contact CPS directly but often, it is hard to work with their system
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2014, 06:30 AM
    he was taken jew to a domestic violence between patent along with 3 siblings.
    Can you restate the question so it is understandable.

But as Chuck said, you need to contact the caseworker and present your case for fostering your nephew.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody of my nephew [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about getting custody of my nephew

Custody of nephew [ 7 Answers ]

I have to ask, if my sister and her boyfriend are showing neglect (not deliberate) I just think they are not fit to be parents to my nephew of just over 3mnths. They can't feed him right, don't stimulate him, and yesterday I was told he'd rolled of a changing table 3ft off the floor. Social...

How to get custody of a nephew [ 2 Answers ]

I am in this situation where its my fiancés nephew and we have been together for 5 yrs and are currently living together and his sister has let us keep her son she only wants him when its convient for her and we pay a babysitter when we have to work. The father is a drug addict and the mother to...

Custody of my nephew [ 1 Answers ]

18 months ago social services took my nephew at birth and placed him with us he has been with us ever since social services applied for a permanent order however they just lost in court and we had to return him to his biological mother who had already lost six other children permanently totally...

Custody of Nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew, Tim, is 23 years old and found out he had a son, James, who is now 1 year of age. Here is the story of James... He was abused by his mother and her boyfriend when he was 5 months old. This abuse went on for two months. James was taken to Children's Hospital with severe burns to his...

View more questions Search