Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mskatzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2014, 11:46 AM
    I am 69 retired
    I am 69 years old, retired the IRS is taking money from my ss benfits. $327.00 per month. I recently got a job to help myself with the deduction, can they also take that money that I earn?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2014, 11:49 AM
    Why is the IRS taking out that amount?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 19, 2014, 12:39 PM
    Assuming the IRS is garneshing your social security for back taxes owed, yes - they can garnish your pay as well. It would be best to set up a payment plan to avoid the garneshment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean : bond were retired? [ 2 Answers ]

During the year bonds with a face value of $180,000 were retired. I need to write a transaction Can you help me?

591/2 and retired already [ 2 Answers ]

What's the best way to get my money now for my 4o1 without paying high taxes on it.

Retired from Military [ 0 Answers ]

I served for over 25 years in the Military.I went blind to one eye and could not perform my job as a recruiter so the military decided not to retain me any longer.I was told to retire.Can I still collect unemeployment benefits? Thank you

Retired? [ 7 Answers ]

This is funny too. ________________________________ ________________________________ What do retired people do all day?? Well , for example , the other day my wife and I wentinto town and went into a shop. We were only there for about 5 minutes. We came out , there was a cop writing out a...

Already Retired. [ 1 Answers ]

What catch-up general advice would you give someone (moneywise),who is retired, if that person missed the boat on investing, and , or attaining an IRA... but he is getting a pension ?

View more questions Search