Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2014, 09:05 PM
    Confused feelings
    I'm sure some of you are going to go back and read old answers but whatever. Some of my old questions I talk about my boyfriend and some problems about how I feel he doesn't have time for me or whatever. Recently we broke up. He broke up with me because he wanted to be single and didn't want the responsibility of a relationship anymore. I don't know.

We talked after that, then we went on a walk to talk some more about it after school and he kissed me.. A lot. It left me very confused. The next day he texted me saying he didn't want to be single and asked if we could hang out that night to talk about getting back together. We hung out that night but we never even talked about it. We acted like nothing ever even happened. Kissing, cuddling, saying I love you. I thought things were heading in the right direction.

Until today. He said we were together, but not together. Which means we are basically single. I though we were getting better. Fixing our issues. He had been acting more upset over the break up than I was. We just had a really deep talk over the phone with a lot of crying. Turns out people on his hockey team were bullying him so he quit and that's been stressing him out lately. He told me that he wanted me so bad. He also mentioned that he felt like he had been losing a lot of people lately. I just don't get that if he wants to be with me so bad, why won't he? And if he feels like he had been losing people lately, why would he lose me by choice? He just keeps changing his mind and I have no clue what he wants.

We are hangin out tomorrow to talk about it some more and this time I'm actually making him talk about it unlike last time. I just don't know what exactly to say to him because he's so confusing and if I say one wrong thing who knows what he'll do. I don't want to lose him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 18, 2014, 06:14 AM
    For whatever reason he has changed the relationship, you make sure you are not just used for face time until something better comes along. Sometimes you have to step back, and take a more objective look at what's really going on, and make a decision based on facts, and not just feelings. I know you don't want to lose the guy, but he has already dumped you, and in cases such as that, best to leave him alone, and assume he may never change his mind.

This is to protect you, and not for him to have his cake and eat it too with lame excuses, and the hard times story, which most fall for because they want to believe there is still hope. I think its best to instead of NOT letting him go, to let him sort himself out, and decide for himself what he wants without your influence.

Chances are very high he likes the attention, and you chasing him so hard, because he feels bad, and has nothing else good to hold on to, and you will feel bad when he does find that something else to get his feel good from. Yes I have read your other threads and in fact think you are with him for the same reasons, it feels good and distracts you from other issues in your life.

That's not at all unusual given your ages, people with similar problems and issues often gravitate together, but chasing a guy that dumps you because he is having a hard time (Or so he says) may not be the best way to go about this. Give this a lot more thought.
    Bee Practical Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 18, 2014, 07:37 AM
    As per my view talaniman is correct. Dear girl, you must not chase or want someone who is not sure about you. If the boy is sometimes making you feel good and then confusing you, I mean to say sometimes he is telling you that he wants you badly and then he is running away from the responsibility of yours then how can he be good for you? Give him space for a little while. Let him be calm and let him realize what exactly he wants. But don't chase him and If you really care about him and you do not want to lose him then be with him as his well wisher, a good friend. I guess you would love to help him or at least be with him, so what if just as a good friend. Hope it would help you. Take Care.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 18, 2014, 09:19 AM
    Leave him alone and tell him to leave you alone until he gets his head on straight. In the meantime, live your life. No relationship should have this much drama.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused About My Feelings [ 1 Answers ]

Im engaged and have been with my fiancé almost 7 years (off and on). But Im not sure I want to be with him. I have felt this way about about a yr and a half. Hes a good guy just don't know if he's meant to be my guy. We had a rough past and I think that plays a BIG part in why I feel the way I do ...

He's Confused About His Feelings. [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend entered this relationship nearly 7 months ago and it happened too quickly. But I'm in love with him and he was in love with me as well, but a week ago he said he's losing feelings. When he kisses me he says he can still feel something but he isn't sure if he wants to/ if he...

My feelings are so confused [ 3 Answers ]

I was going out with this 26 yr old married man with 2 little kids but his wife found out and left him but there still living together and I love him so much but I told him I can't do this anymore and he was OK with it but after I told him that I can't do this anymore because it doesn't feel rite...

Confused about feelings. [ 7 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend now for 3 years and I love him but I have just started a new job and there is this really nice guy there, I look forward to going in just to see him and I can't help but think about him all the time, I also know that he likes me and know I am confused about how I am...

Confused about my feelings [ 11 Answers ]

I got married very young to my first boyfriend (no children involved here). He was my first for everything. After about 2 years into the marriage I lost all interest in being intimate with him. I never wanted it but gave it up because he would bother me so much. In the last 10 years he hasn't...

View more questions Search