Ask
    cronmen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2014, 04:05 AM
    What is hormone replacemet therapy?
    Want to know what is it used for
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 17, 2014, 04:24 AM
    It generally refers to replacing female hormones as women reach menopause, when some hormones are depleted. It is only done under medical supervision, and is controversial because of possible serious consequences.
    In rare cases, it can be a treatment for anyone who is missing hormones naturally.
    Why do you ask this under weight loss?
    cronmen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2014, 04:30 AM
    Yes, I want to know, is hormone replacement therapy can help me to lose weight.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 17, 2014, 05:09 AM
    No - and even if it did, it's not worth the possible dangers, such as breast and endometrial cancers. The controversies seem to stem from differences in the amount and forms of hormones used. and the delivery systems. And studies of weight gain and loss showed no difference in women who had HRT and those who didn't.

The ONLY known ways to lose weight:
    Eat less, and cut out sugar entirely
    Exercise
    Eat healthy meals that combine food groups in one meal (don't eat a piece of chicken one meal, and some carrots 4 hours later. Cook food and put it into small containers to make small servings, but combined)
    Drink plenty of water or weak drinks (although the old '8 glasses a day' is now discredited in studies)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2014, 06:17 AM
    No, I would not even know, who would suggest such a thing, surely not any competent doctor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hormone Replacement Therapy [ 0 Answers ]

I have seemingly hit a milestone in womanhood (or rather, been there for a while) I'm having the typical menapausal symptoms (so I'm told) hot flashes, mood swings, inability to sleep, gaining weight in all the wrong places, dry skin, etc, etc. I have consulted with a hormone replacement clinic...

Can you start therapy with a therapist when therapy has been terminated by them [ 1 Answers ]

I was in therapy with a therapist until today when she terminated therapy because she cannot trust me and so I am wondering does anyone know once I work on that stuff can I come back to this therapist or not she did not make that clear and I need to know. Thank you, Angela Sorenson

Bio identical hormone replacement therapy and weight gain [ 2 Answers ]

Does Bio identical hormone replacement therapy cause weight gain? I have packed on 20 pounds and feel swollen and bloated most of the time. If I stop taking the HRT what happens to my body?

Follicle Stimulating hormone and the Lutenizing hormone [ 15 Answers ]

What is the difference between FSH and LH and how are they related to protesterone / estrogen ?

Replacemet of old honeywell T475A reset thermostat-wiring [ 5 Answers ]

Closed loop hydronic system boiler( GAS) with reset thermosat and watts flowswitch I have Old Honeywell T475A thermosate which I would to replace and install new one honeywell L60061034. This one will go on boiler inlet Cu pipe (Surfacemount thermostat) Existing thermosat is connected between...

View more questions Search