Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xXXEpicFaceXXx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2014, 07:25 PM
    My girlfriend is still a little shy of me even though she asked me out, what do I do?
    My girlfriend asked me out almost a month ago, but she is still a little shy. When I gave her a hug she said, "Oh god.", and froze up. She talks to me, but quietly. Is there something I can tell her that will make her open up to me like she does around her friends?
    Chloe Edwards Posts: 38, Reputation: 3
    -

Nov 16, 2014, 07:45 PM
    How long is your relationship going on with your girlfriend ? And how old you both are ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2014, 10:07 PM
    Are you 12 or 13 ? Or are you 20, makes a big difference. At 13, this is the way most girls will be and it just changes in time.

If she is 20, it will also just take time getting to know you.

*** also, where do you live ? is it a culture thing?
    Where I am at, my wife and I push the limits by holding hands in public. A hug or kiss in public, would be unheard of.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 17, 2014, 06:17 AM
    How old are the two of you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 17, 2014, 06:26 AM
    If you are calling her your girlfriend then you be patient and get to know each other, and just be a good guy while she warms up to you in her own time and way. Looking for an instant quick rap to make her closer is rather foolish since you know she likes you and just needs TIME.

Showing impatience and frustrations doesn't build confidence and trust, but honesty and good behavior does. How old are you both?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend asked for a break. Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 3 months and we are both in our early 20's. At the start of our relationship she cheated on me and I forgave her. After that it made us stronger and we were both mutual on an affection level and on how much effort we put into the relationship. She was...

Shy Girlfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have our problems sometimes but when I try to talk about it with her all she does is look down and not say anything. It kind of makes me angry because I'm trying to put my heart in to working out our problems and the relationship but she's not doing her part. Can anyone help?

My girlfriend has asked for space [ 28 Answers ]

I met my girlfriend just after new year and we've officially been together two months. Its got more and more serious and this is something I was aware of but didn't really bother me too much, I enjoyed being with her. We've told each other we love each other after I held back even though I knew I...

My girlfriend asked for space? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend just recently said that we needed some space apart. We have been together for 3 yrs and headed in the direction of marriage. Our relationship has been great, and have not had any real issues. The other weekend she went to a friends wedding and got very drunk. Her actions made her...

View more questions Search