Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awqueen1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2014, 07:16 PM
    Being self conscious over a birthmark
    I unfortunately have a huge birthmark on the back of my right leg and I hate it. It is about half an inch wide and I am extremely self conscious over it. The problem is my school does swimming and I don't want anyone to see it but if I wear shorts to cover it than I look really stupid because I'm the only one wearing shorts. Any tips to help get over being self conscious about something like that?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2014, 09:51 PM
    Just go and show it. If anyone says something, just say, yes a birth mark, some stupid people with no proper values of society may mention it, but then their opinion is not worth much anyway. Some things we can not change, and have to just learn to accept.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 17, 2014, 08:07 AM
    You just show it as normal and explain it's a birthmark if asked. Most will have their curiosity satisfied and only the stupid, immature ones will make it more of a big deal than it is. The trick is for YOU not to make it such a big deal, because it really isn't. You just think it is.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2014, 08:35 AM
    One of our grandchildren was born with a Strawberry birthmark on her arm. She told everyone it was an "angel's kiss".
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2014, 08:45 AM
    A half inch wide birthmark isn't "HUGE". That's actually very small. I have scars a lot bigger than that.

I bet you are probably the only person focusing on it and nobody else would even notice.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2014, 09:24 AM
    It's on the back of your leg. Hardly no one will notice it. It's not like a huge mark on your face that everyone will notice when they talk to you.

Heck, it's only a half of an inch. Barely noticeable. I understand about being self conscious, but heck, the back of your leg or it could be a strawberry mark on half of your face. Yes, I do know a boy who has one like that and, guess what? He's one of he most popular kids in town!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 17, 2014, 01:45 PM
    I AM with the others. I like the 'angel's kiss suggestion because I have heard that before. I have a birthmark on my leg shaped like an icecream cone. My mom had one in the same place. I am way older now, but never worried about it. They fade with age.

Ask your mom if she has one and dont be surprised if she tells you a story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birthmark [ 1 Answers ]

Im 20 years old and I have had a birthmark on my belly ever since I was born and I have been thinking about getting it removed. One because it's ugly and two for a light tan birthmark its really big, it starts a inch and half above my belly button and it goes down to my pelvic area and its not...

Can a birthmark be bleached [ 1 Answers ]

I have a black birthmark on my leg that seem to be getting bigger year after year, and I was wondering if a birthmark could be bleached, if so at is the harshest bleaching crème out there... I want it.

Ugly birthmark [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I have a very ugly big birthmark on the side of my hip, no one can see it but me unless I'm wearing a bathing suit. I can't stand looking at it. This is probably a stupid question but is there any way to get rid of birthmarks? Is it possible that if I tan it will fade away?

Birthmark [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I wanted to know if there is anything that can be done for black women with birthmarks. I have a significantly dark mark on the back of my right thigh which has gotten bigger as I have grown... I have tried numerous things to try and remove it but so far nothing seems to be working. My latest...

Removing Birthmark [ 7 Answers ]

I have a birthmark under my eye that I want removed, I wanted to try Liquid Nitrogen, would this be a good solution? If not, what else can I use without having laser surgery.

View more questions Search