Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shaz6745 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2014, 09:01 AM
    How can I get my original hair colour back from black without bleaching it?
    I'm almost 14 and at the beginning of July 2014, I died my hair black. By the time it was September, the sun had lightened it to a dark, chocolate brown so I decided to die it again half way through September. It's now mid November 2014 and the sun has re-lightened (not sure if a word) it again and it's a bit lighter than the chocolate brown. My roots go blonde before they go to the light brown/ almost blonde hair it was before. They have come threw about 2 inches so I have 1 inch of blonde, 1 inch of light brown and the rest dark brown. I want to back to my original colour with the least possible damage and certainly no bleach considering that my hair is really fine. In the past, I've had my hair highlighted platinum blonde which was in April 2014 but before that, I've never died my hair before. I can't wait for it to grow out because not only would it take years, but it would look really odd and my British school doesn't like the dipdye look. I need it doing before Christmas. Any ideas? ASAP thanks xx
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 16, 2014, 09:30 AM
    Professionals combine peroxide (what you call bleach, and it's the only possible hair lightener) with other chemicals so that hair doesn't come out orange. They also apply lotions so that there is less damage to hair. Pay for a good hairdresser to do it right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What colour would roots of the hair show after black hair dye fade out? [ 8 Answers ]

I have dark brown hair and dyed my hair black a day before. Am just been crying for hours and have already washed my hair several times. WOuld someone please advise as I donot want to use the daye again and am worried as to what colour would the tips of the hair would grow? Would it turn gray or......

Bleaching hair black to blonde?? [ 0 Answers ]

Hey.. so I'm a natural dark blonde but I've had my hair black now for at least 5years.. using permanent black hair die, I REALLY want to go white blonde! And I've done some research but I'm worried my hair will fall out, my plans are to strip my hair twice.. then use a bleach with 40 volume...

I dyed my hair black and want to go back to my original color [ 4 Answers ]

Hello there readers, I dyed my hair about a week or two ago from a dark brown to black. At first I liked it but now I am sick of it and want to go back to dark brown, I don't know what to do! The product I used was L'oreal Paris Superior Preference, and the box says that it is level 3- Permanent....

View more questions Search