Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ILoveJana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2014, 08:50 AM
    Will I be with my wife in Heaven?
    Will I be with my wife in Heaven? And will we be able to make love or what will we do there?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 15, 2014, 09:09 AM
    If that is your belief then yes, for sure.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2014, 03:11 PM
    You will find out in the end.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2014, 07:25 PM
    There are many beliefs about this, first are you Christian ? Other faiths have different ideas of heaven.

I would like to think we will be with them, as for as sex, that may not be on our minds at that point, but no one really knows.

I believe, we will know them, and know all the people in our lives, that are there, but we will be in fellowship with God, and most earthly pleasures will not find any importance.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2014, 12:54 PM
    According to the Bible, with them, yes; know them and what importance they were in your life, yes; will she be your wife then, no.

See Matt 22:23-33, Luke 20:34-36, and Romans 7:2,

We see in Genesis that marriage was instituted by God to fulfill a need, for a "suitable helper" and to "be fruitful and multiply." In Revelation we see the church (the whole of God's people) brought before Christ as a bride. There are multiple instances of this comparison throughout scriptures, I believe that the marriage of the church fulfills this need, and our spiritual presence in heaven negate the desires of the world as Fr_Chuck said.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Nov 16, 2014, 03:56 PM
    You may see your wife in the heaven but you'll no longer have that sexual (flesh) desire or relationship naturally, you will not be there as a husband or wife but as an individual.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2014, 05:34 PM
    the point of being in heaven is to be with God. The Mormons have a belief in eternal marriage but that is not the Christian view. I think Chuck explained it well
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2014, 10:27 PM
    Mark 12:22-25 ESV /

And the seven left no offspring. Last of all the woman also died. In the resurrection, when they rise again, whose wife will she be? For the seven had her as wife.” Jesus said to them, “Is this not the reason you are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God? For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Matthew 22:30 ESV /

For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Romans 7:2 ESV / 28 helpful votes

For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage.

I Corinthians 13:12 says that "now we see but a poor reflection; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." Today we see each other dimly. Our vision is blocked by our human limitations. In heaven, the imperfections of age, sickness, weakness, disease and disaster will all be removed. So will the taint and mark of sin. The result will be that those in heaven, while retaining the essential core of their personality, will shed all marks of human weakness.

Will we know each other in heaven? Yes, of course.

References

What Does the Bible Say About Marriage In Heaven?

Will We Know Each Other in Heaven? - Dr. Ray Pritchard Christian Blog
    robby0024 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2015, 08:31 PM
    . Yes, you will be. As far as making love, most likely not. As the purpose for sex is to create children and populate the earth. But it's also an act of intimacy between husband and wife so for that reason, I'm not completely sure, as we may continue showing pleasure in that way. But chances are, probably not.

When man and women marry, it is for eternity. It's called Celestial Marriage, (Heavenly Marriage). However, for this to be accomplished, you must have your marriage performed by one whom is ordained of God and has the proper authority to "seal" the two of you. And this must be done inside a temple.
    And not everyone will agree with this as most of us come from different denominations, most likely. But this is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon) teachings.
    Hope I've answered your question(s) properly.
    Have a wonderful day and God bless!!
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 PM
    I prefer Billy Graham's answer. Someone asked him if there would be sex in heaven. He said,

"If God can't come up with something better, it'll be there."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will a lady be one of the wife among several others to her husband in heaven [ 2 Answers ]

Will a lady be one of the wife among several others to her husband in heaven

How do you (think you) get to heaven? [ 31 Answers ]

Just curious on the general publics opinion as far as how you get to heaven. Please be more detailed than the general 'being a good person' :D Thanks

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

What is heaven? [ 8 Answers ]

I have my own ideas of what I think heaven is but I've always wanted to ask church officials and people who have read, or herd, the bible if they can explain what heaven is according to the bible?

View more questions Search