Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catherine1983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2014, 09:49 PM
    Can I get a can license if I had a domestic in 2004 adjudication was withheld
    Back in 2004 I was charged with a domestic battery, it has been 10 years and have not been into any trouble, I would like to start a career but I would like to know before I pay the money to challeng the test
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 15, 2014, 03:05 AM
    I would like to say go ahead, but any offence on your record, no matter when, would still show up in a background check. You have this under healthcare, any application would require a background check and the healthcare field would not allow a felon in any form.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2014, 05:54 AM
    They run specific backgrounds for domestic violence at the last three health care companies I worked for Any conviction, they would not hire

You did not say if it was a felony or not, if a felony, no, you can no for sure
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 15, 2014, 10:09 AM
    http://definitions.uslegal.com/w/withheld-adjudication/
    If you are in the US, call your state licensing board medical division. Tell them the specifics and the disposition as stated on your paperwork.
    They aren't going to get your name and put you in a file, so ask all the questions you want.
    I think you have a pretty good chance of being able to belicensed based on what you say.
    I would also go in person to the courthouse records to see exactly what is there about you! It's possible that it won't be on a background check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it still a felony if I had adjudication withheld [ 2 Answers ]

I was charged with a felony but pleaded nolo contendre and got adjudication withheld so am I a felon?

Can I travel while on probation for theft if adjudication was withheld? [ 1 Answers ]

I am on probation for a non-violent theft offense. The complaining party was my former employer. There was a negotiated plea, adjudication was withheld, and money is being paid to the complaining party. There was no trial and I was not convicted, nor was I found guilty nor did I plead guilty. I...

Deferred Adjudication [ 3 Answers ]

If one has been given deferred adjudication in the state of Texas for possession of less than a gram of a controlled substance and is on two years probation, can they, with permission relocate to another state and serve out their probation there?

View more questions Search