Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tugstugtak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2014, 06:58 PM
    Will A Positive False Pregnancy Test Result Show If Taking The Test 1 Day After Sex?
    I have this friend (which is a girl) who took a pregnancy test the day after she and her boyfriend had sex. She was fertile when they were doing it but the guy came inside of her 3 times. The pregnancy test showed a positive result. Can my friend be pregnant right now? She also took 4 nordette pills 10 hrs before she took the pregnancy test and I really don't know why she did it. Could the drug she took can have an effect in the pregnancy test?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2014, 10:00 PM
    No pregnancy test can show pregnancy one day after sex. It takes longer than that for sperm to reach the egg. If they tested positive, 1. they took test wrong or 2. they were already pregnant from previous sex.

So, morning after pills are not always effective, so, yes there is still a posibility
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2014, 04:03 AM
    The medication she took won't effect the pregnancy test, and as Fr_Chuck said, she was either already pregnant or misread the test. One of the more common ways that this happens is reading the test result AFTER the time frame stated on the test. Many tests will say to read results in the first 3 minutes or so. If she came back and took a look 20 minutes later, for example, the result would be inaccurate.

Certainly pregnancy can occur, but she will need to wait and see what happens with her next period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False positive pregnancy test?! [ 6 Answers ]

Please help! I've been on birth control for almost a year. I've never missed a day and I always take it at the same time. I let my boyfriend finish in me a couple times before my period a couple weeks ago and I had a medium flow period for a week just 4 days before I normally have it. All...

What if my pregnancy test result second line is faint, is it positive or negatve? [ 2 Answers ]

I've done using pregnancy test kit, I don't think if it is posotive or negative because the second line is faint.

False Positive Pregnancy Test [ 7 Answers ]

I was wanting some sympathy I went to the doctor last Thursdayto have some blood work done since I had not started my period. They took a urine pregnancy test & there WAS a really faint line - which suggested that I was pregnant. I was SOOOOO excited! I was really surprised because I didn't really...

What can cause a false positive taking a saylvia swab drug test [ 4 Answers ]

My last swab test came up positive for methadone and its been weeks since I took it how could be

False positive pregnancy test? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm on cd/31---33 day cycle, this morn I woke up at 2am and did a pregnancy test it was pos, a faint line, so just to check again I decided to do it again at 7am and it was negative! I'm so confused, help xx

View more questions Search