Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Idungee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2014, 10:13 AM
    How can I start a non-profit scholarship fund
    I would like to form and provide scholarships to a child or children of the Five Fork Community of Pamplin, Prince Edward County, VA. This community was directly impacted by the school closing fifty five tears ago to avoid integration, mandated by the Supreme Court(Brown vs Board of Education) ruling.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 12, 2014, 10:18 AM
    Are you saying that there are no public schools in Pamplin? Interesting....

Here's a good resource that can guide you through the process:
    Establishing A Nonprofit Organization

The key steps are filing a certificate of incorporation with the state, establishing a board of directors, developing a vision statement and By-Laws, obtaining an EIN (Employee Identification Number) from the IRS, and then filing for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable status from the IRS.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 12, 2014, 10:57 AM
    I see that it's a town of a little over 200 people on under one third square mile. (That sounds densely populated?)
    About 30% are under 18.
    I can't imagine the town being able to afford a school. My town is struggling with K-8 with fewer than 70 students.
    BUT there are still several one room school houses in the US, and they have attributes that are missing in separate grades.

I would talk to a local bank. They might be able to set up a scholarship fund for you, and do it as a community service and good PR for the bank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entries for General Fund not for profit [ 0 Answers ]

A village ordered supplies for its Fire Department at an estimated cost of $16,700. The supplies were received with an invoice for $16,800. The village accepted the shipment and the invoice. Prepare journal entries to record these transactions in the General Fund.

How can I find Organizations that fund masters scholarship on agriculture? [ 1 Answers ]

I did my Bachelor degree on agriculture (Horticulture) and I am lookink to go for masters(Msc) in agriculture, I want to know where and how can I got this scholarship as I don't have a good financial position to sponsor myself. I am from the least developed countries (Ethiopia). Afte I finish my...

How to open a non-profit trust fund [ 1 Answers ]

How to open a non profit trust fund

How do I become a non-profit org. To fund-raise [ 1 Answers ]

How do I become a non-profit organization so I can leagally do fund raising.

View more questions Search