Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andrew12345 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2014, 05:43 AM
    Spa not heating properly
    Hello,
    I have been having an issue with my spa not heating up properly. It only gets to
    Mid to high eighties. The dealer suggested I change the filter. Then they
    Suggested I change the temp sensors. Then change the heater. None of these
    Suggestions worked. Now they are suggesting I change the whole circuit board.
    Are there not any tests they can run to try and find the problem or is this the
    Usual case to do trial and error.
    My spa is only 3 yrs and 4 months old. I bought it from sparkling pools and spas
    In Dartmouth Nova Scotia. It is an 8 ft model with two pumps and a bromine
    Generator. The only other issue I had earlier this year was a leak when one of
    The jet pumps was on. It was causing the breaker switch to trip. The dealer
    Fixed this, but could water damage to the circuit board explain the problem I am
    Having now? Any advice would be helpful
    Sent from my iPad
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Nov 11, 2014, 08:35 AM
    It might be helpful to know what you actually have. Brand? Model?

Nov 11, 2014, 05:22 PM
    Sorry,
    I copied an email to cal spa.
    It is a cal spa 2011 model. 8 ft tub. Two pumps and bromine generator
    I don't have the model number handy

Andrew

Nov 11, 2014, 05:30 PM
    LTR20111000. Cal spa user manual for 2011 portable spa has a pic of the heater and pump

Nov 16, 2014, 06:44 PM
    I have a cal spa escape seriesModel#: L-S11-ES864B-XS Serial#: 11S-003806
    My spa is not heating properly. It only gets up to the mid 80 degree level. I have switched out the temp sensors and the heater. The dealer says the next step is switching out the circuit board. Is there anything else I should try first? I notice there are a couple of fuses on the circuit board. What would these be for and could one of them be blown?
    Thanks
    Andrew

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spa heating element [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Bullfrog Tadpole spa. I drained and cleaned 2 days ago. It was seemingly working okay prior to draining and cleaning. Refilled yesterday but is no longer heating the water. Single 240v pump operates correctly in circulatory and hi-speed. There are no error codes on the control pad. It is...

Cal Spa not heating [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I have a Cal Spa. I do not know the model though, but we have had it since 1999. Recently the hot tub has not been heating up. The pump will run, but the heater will not turn on. The heating light on the digital screen is not on even though I adjust the temperature. I have been looking up...

Cal Spa Heating Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1995 cal spa model PS-5-B the GFI tripped when the heat came on and the low speed motor I finally got the GFI to stay on when I turn up the thermostat to turn heat on the indicator light goes on but not the low speed side of pump. The high speed side of pump works fine on switch...

Spa not heating up [ 4 Answers ]

How you guys doing? Im having troubles with my jacuzzi spa. Its turning on. I hear the motor on but it doesn't get hot. Do I change out the motor? Heating element? How can I check if any isgood? Thanks guys

View more questions Search