Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adamatwawa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2014, 05:07 AM
    Immigration to mexico for convicted felons
    As I mentioned in my earlier question, I am a double deportee from the US, I tried to go to Mexico and because of my criminal record in the US I was told I cannot enter Mexico, any ideas on how to get around this? is marriage to Mexican spouse a possible solution and how likely is it to work, I was told to change my first or last name on my polish passport and with that I should have no problem getting into mexico, polish citizens are not required to obtain visa to go to mexico, but I got one just so that I can reside there permanently and legally obtain a mexican citizenship in 5 years, any help on that topic would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone knows of a lawyer that specializes in these things,
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 11, 2014, 05:23 AM
    There is no 'earlier question' recorded unless you asked under a different name; yes you are correct, it is visa-free for polish citizens to Mexico but I don't know what the legal process is to change your name on your Polish passport. You still need a birth certificate to authenticate your passport.

If you are a convicted felon, and a double deportee, you are denied entry into just about any country.

It seems your felonic past is pursuing you everywhere, and right into the future.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 11, 2014, 05:32 AM
    Here is a link to the OPs previous post. Note it is from 2009.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/immigr...co-414218.html
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2014, 06:56 AM
    There really is no way. Even a name change ( and that is not really easy) still attaches your ID to your past, you can not just change a name and start over, all of the passport numbers and other ID's will still track back.

No marriage will not help,
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 11, 2014, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    It seems your felonic past is pursuing you everywhere, and right into the future.
    Nice word coinage, but I think "felonious" is the word for which you were searching. :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 11, 2014, 12:24 PM
    Hi AK, no I wanted that word. It is actually a word meaning felony activities :0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a convicted felon and my fiancée can't be around convicted felons? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon(nothing violent or sexual or drug related)However I have met someone who I am emotionally involved with who got into some recent trouble and is now also a convicted felon on probation. One of the conditions is she is not supposed to be around any other convicted felons or it...

Credits in New Mexico for hiring felons [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any tax credits or any other credits for employees with a felony record in New Mexico?

Can a convicted canadian felon go to mexico [ 1 Answers ]

I am a canadian that got convicted of a felony in the u.s. can I travel to mexico?

Restrictions for convicted felons entering Mexico [ 1 Answers ]

May I travel to Mexico if I am a convicted felon?

Felons getting a visa to work in mexico [ 1 Answers ]

My father has started a business in mexico and wants me to move down there and work with him. I was told I might need a visa to work in another country. I have a felony on my record. Will that be a problem? Are convicted felons allowed to get a visa?

View more questions Search