Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2014, 07:33 PM
    Boyfriends been kind of mean lately?
    Well my boyfriend and I have been dating almost 5 months now and lately he's just been a bit weird. Like he barely tries to show his feelings at all anymore. Before he would always give me affection and let me know how much he liked me and how he wanted to stay together for a long time. Now there's like no effort. Before we couldn't take our hands off each other and now if I sit with him on the couch and accidentally touch him he'll say "can you sit farther away you're irritating me" and so I listen and move. I don't want to upset him. And if I try to make a move or kiss him or something he'll just say stop. I mean I get it, that 'can't keep your hands of each other' stage can't last forever and I'm sure we've moved past it. But is some affection too much to ask for? I just don't even know what to do. I miss how it used to be, I'm excited to see where it goes but like I'd like to know why he barely wants to touch me anymore. And the mean part, he just says things now. The other day he called this girl that goes to my school way hotter than me. I don't rely care if he thinks that but like did he have to tell me? Can't he save that for his guy friends to talk about? He also seems to get annoyed if I seem upset over this stuff, like I shouldn't be. Maybe I shouldn't be and maybe I'm over reacting but not sure...
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 10, 2014, 07:43 PM
    You've already pretty much asked this question and got answers on it before....

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ly-801657.html

What it comes down to is that you are putting up with this behavior from him and it isn't going to get better. He is either tired of you, too immature to be in a relationship, found someone else, or maybe all of it together. Basically, you allow him to treat you this way by telling yourself that you are happy with him and staying with him. Things will not change until you change them.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2014, 07:44 PM
    This sounds like the same guy that you have written about before... and nothing has really changed. Can you think of some reasons why you are still dating him? He apparently isn't going to change how he behaves or speaks to you, so you either accept it or decide that you want better and move on.

Read what you have written here, and in your previous posts about him, and think about what you would tell a good girl friend if she came to you and shared the same stories about a guy that she was dating. What would you tell her?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 10, 2014, 08:27 PM
    Why are you still with this guy? He's rude and is showing signs that he does not care for you. He is being a jerk and you are allowing it.
    Leave him, it's not going to get any better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriends [ 3 Answers ]

How to make your boyfriend deeply in love with you

My boyfriends ex. [ 9 Answers ]

I don't know where to start, but here it goes... My boyfriend was with his ex for 7 years (he is 28 years old now). They got married when they were 19. After 6 years of being together, he told her he wasn't happy with her and tried to leave her, but she couldn't let him go. He started seeing...

View more questions Search