Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miauka Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2014, 12:44 PM
    Do Croatian people need visa to live in UK?
    Hi can you please tell me if someone who wants to stay in Uk needs visa from Croatia, as it is part of EU now. Thank you
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 10, 2014, 01:19 PM
    Under the 1957 Treaty of Rome, goods, services, capital and people are supposed to be able to move freely across the Union's internal borders.
    Therefore NO visa is required.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2014, 04:03 PM
    No visa to visit, however there are different requirements for wanting to live in the UK. Are you planning to study at university, for example?

Nov 10, 2014, 04:24 PM
    How long person can visit? No, not to study but my friend wants to come to live with me. If you are self-employed is there any restrictions? Thank you
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 10, 2014, 05:04 PM
    Is your friend asking you for money for a visa...is that why you're asking us?

Nov 10, 2014, 06:46 PM
    No he is not asking. I am asking if Croatians nationals can freely live in UK without VISA.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 10, 2014, 10:06 PM
    Also, even if a visa was needed, it would not be from Coratian government, it would be from the UK, Passport is from country you are citizen, visa is from country you visit.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2014, 03:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by miauka View Post
    How long person can visit? No, not to study but my friend wants to come to live with me. If you are self-employed is there any restrictions? Thank you
    They can visit for several months at a time, but repeated visits, especially in a short period, will be questioned and could cause problems with re-entry. To actually move, your friend would need to enquire about legal ways, such as being able to support one's self financially if self-employed (various forms and proof required), being a student, etc. Your friend would not be able to just come visit and look for work to stay.

This may help: https://www.gov.uk/croatian-national/overview

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do people live this way? [ 27 Answers ]

I am male, 21 years old, and in college; for some background. Why is it that people need to drink, party, and have a dependence on friends to be happy? I actually have never been inclined to drink, smoke, or party. I am happy enough studying and positively developing myself as a person. Why do...

Site for people who have to live with people with addictions [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, everyone. Wish I could say I'm doin' all right, but right now... Well I just can't.:( For years I've tried my best coping with having to live with people around me who abuse drugs and acohol, and I'm fed up. I can't do it anymore. Its really hard because of the drugs and the alcohol being used...

English to Croatian Language translation [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me what the croation translation would be for strength? I am not looking for physical strength. I would like to know what the Croatian word for great inner or personal strength. Strength of character would also be acceptable. Thank you

Croatian language translation [ 2 Answers ]

How do you say www.domain.com (and www.domain.ca) in croatian. In english it would be double u double u double u dot domain dot kom (how you pronounce it) and: double u double u double u dot domain dot sea ay. I just need to know how to prounce www.domain.com and www.domain.ca (domain is not...

Croatian addage [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knows a croatian addage that goes something like "balance in money - balance in friendship". I'm sure the actual croatian version flows a lot better. Thanks

View more questions Search