Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heppys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2014, 04:33 AM
    Shock from Spa
    Every time we get out of our salt water pool and touch the water in the Spa we get a mild shock. We have had the electrics checked and they are all okay. Please help if you can.
    MasterSparky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2015, 07:42 PM
    Is the spa protected by a GFCI breaker? If you're getting shocked, it should be tripping the GFCI.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSparky View Post
    Is the spa protected by a GFCI breaker? If you're getting shocked, it should be tripping the GFCI.
    Also, the ground is probably bad. There's always some leakage to ground in electrical devices, especially motors, but the electrical parts should be completely insulated from the inside walls of the spa. Is it an older unit?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I in shock? [ 2 Answers ]

My bf/fiance of 14 years passed away on Sept. 7th. The only way I can cope right now is to pretend I'm in my own little world. It works until I have to see someone or go somewhere and I'm thrown into reality. I'm afraid of letting it all out and I feel like I'm becoming a burden to my friends...

Shock [ 0 Answers ]

My 12 year old son just feel down the stairs and went into shock for about 10seconds... his body and eyes were stiff and it looked like he couldn't breathe... he then jumped up like nothing happened. I have monitored him for the past 20 minutes and he said he feels perfectly fine... should I still...

Shock [ 3 Answers ]

What do u apply to as hand that has been shocked by a breaker box? Still tingling.

Indoor nground spa leaking. Suggestions to raise the spa without damage to flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I have an in-ground spa which weighs approximately 500 lbs. It is set indoors. It sits on concrete flooring and is built-up with concrete blocks. The only access to the spa in a 12" x 36" opening to access the pump area. There is no access to the pool anywhere else. There is a leak from one of...

View more questions Search