Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katiehud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2014, 01:37 PM
    Generating Electricity
    A farmer plans to generate all the electricity needed on her arm, using either a biogas generator or a small wind turbine.

The biogas generator would burn methane gas. The methane gas would come from rotting the animal waste produced on the farm. When burnt, methane produces carbon dioxide.

The biogas generator would cost £18,000 to buy and install. The wind turbine would cost £25,000 to buy and install.

The average power output from the wind turbine would be the same as the continuous output from the biogas generator.

Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the two methods of generating electricity.

Conclude, with a reason, which system would be better for the farmer to buy and install.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 9, 2014, 01:45 PM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2014, 04:29 PM
    So, what's your opinion? How did you get there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is nuclear power superior to other forms of generating electricity? [ 3 Answers ]

I have looked up generators and the such on Wikipedia, and I don't understand why we chiefly use nuclear power instead of generators and batteries. I don't understand electricity much (which is why I'm here!) and when I look at capacitors and generators and batteries, I just don't get why we...

Rule for generating a sequence [ 3 Answers ]

write the equation that describes the 3,6,12,21?

Generating random numbers [ 11 Answers ]

Not gernating same number twice in a row

Generating inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is retiring from work when he turns 65 next month. He has a life insurance policy from his employer for 80,000 which he is eligible to convert but it will cost 314 dollars a month in premiums. He has had cancer, is also on Lipitor and is bipolar so applying for a new policy will involve...

View more questions Search