Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 8, 2014, 07:57 AM
    2008 Buick Enclave
    I am currently looking at a 2008 Buick Enclave, fully loaded. Asking price is 19.9k, 67,000 miles.

Before we buy, I am interested in hearing from you vehicle gurus. I would like to know the pros and cons of this vehicle. Searching Google is only confusing me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2014, 10:29 AM
    My son bought a 2014 Buick Enclave (FWD) several months ago. He drove us all over Southern Calif. two weeks ago and I was very impressed with the car--plenty of power, lots of room, turns on a dime, outstanding electronics, good safety features, super smooth engine, and decent gas mileage. It's a lot of car for the money. Your 2008 Enclave is basically the same car. Still, have a mechanic check it out before you buy it, paying particular attention to the engine, transmission, cooling system, and brakes. Being a lawyer, my son doesn't work on cars. He knows from his "old man," however, to use Mobil 1 5W-20 Dexos engine oil and a Mobil 1 filter in his new Enclave, to ensure it lasts a long time.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 8, 2014, 03:25 PM
    The biggest problems I saw with Enclaves around that year at the auctions were rust on the rockers and I saw quite a few with bad heads...be sure to have these things checked first.
    Expert

Nov 9, 2014, 12:30 PM
    Thanks guys! I'm going to test drive it tomorrow and taking my mechanic friend with me. Can't wait to check it out!

This puppy is loaded! Bose sound system, heated seats, remote start, DVD and gaming system, just to name a few. It would be good for the kids on our 12 hour trips back home.
    Expert

Nov 14, 2014, 08:51 PM
    Ended up with a 2010 Enclave. CPO, so still has a 12/12,000 warranty and the remainder of the 100,000 mile drive train warranty, and a 24month/24k maintenance. Newer vehicle, one owner, about the same amount of mileage, but know the history of the owner (personal friend of the dealer who is the husband of one of my co-workers.

Got it for the same price as the 2008, and it was worth 24,9K according to the credit union that I financed at.

This one, though does not have the DVD or the gaming system that the 2008 did, but this does have the warranties that the other didn't.

Oh, and it has remote start and butt warmers!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2014, 04:50 AM
    Sounds really nice, and a great deal! I just hired a car while in upstate New York, and having the remote start was great for having a warm car to get into!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 buick regal shuts down then my 1994 buick regal periodically shuts dstarts again [ 1 Answers ]

My 1994 buick regal periodically shuts down while I am driving but immediately starts up again. I have replaced the alternator and fuel filter but it still does it (sometimes when it gets hotter outside). Temperature does not seem to be the specific cause. The mechanic is lost on this. He even...

Enclave cheats [ 0 Answers ]

I have the game Enclave, for xbox, not PC. I would like to know how I get the god mode to work. I have successfully reached the menu that says "god mode" and "complete mission" but I still take damage in the game after I hit god mode. Its very frustrating. Also my heath bar changes from green to...

OPT in 2008, got 2008 stimulus in 2009 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My friend was on OPT in 2008. F-1 less than 5 years (Masters 2 years, OPT 1 year). So he submitted 1040NREZ in 2009 for filing taxes... The IRS converted it into 1040EZ saying OPT is not considered as non-resident status. He was also sent a stimulus check last mont with this comment letter....

OPT-H1B in 2008, got 2008 stimulus in 2009 - HOW? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My friend's H1-B started on October 1, 2008. Till then he was on OPT. He had full time job for complete 2008. He recently filed taxes for 2008 and got the stimulus payment which he did not qualify for in 2008. Based on what I know he did not pass substantial presence test when he filed 2008...

View more questions Search