Ask
    giddyup248 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 02:10 PM
    19.5hp briggs & stratton twin cylindler
    I have gas shooting out the carburetor I need help
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 8, 2007, 07:42 PM
    You have not given us much info but I'd start with opening the carb bowl and checking the float and the needle valve. Sounds like gas is over filling the bowl.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Ballengerb1's Accessment Is Good, Sounds Like The Problem Is In The Carb With The Float And Needle Sticking Open, Which Allows For Flooding. Thus The Fuel Coming From The Carb. Be Sure To Check The Oil Level, If It Reads Overfilled, Change Oil And Filter , If Equipped, Because The Fuel Could Have Seeped Into The Crankcase And Cylinder. If Fuel Is In The Crankcase This Will Break Down The Oil And Cause Engine Failure.
    If My Answer Helps , Please Rate It.
    Thanks, Mowerman2468

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older Craftsman Tiller w/5hp Briggs and Stratton [ 11 Answers ]

I recently acquired an old tiller that I have gotten to run. It will only run on full choke. It will only till for about a minute or so before going dead. It will idle for a long period, but it's kind of a rough idle. Do I need to adjust the carberator? I have already changed out the gas and...

Briggs & Stratton 14.5hp OHV - Won't Run [ 8 Answers ]

I have a yard machine mower that was running great. It shut off in the middle of cutting and that was that. If I pour gas in the carb it tries to start, so I know I have fire. I have plenty of gas going to the carb and the solenoid on the bottom is working fine. I had the carb off, took the main...

12.5hp I/C Briggs&Stratton engine [ 3 Answers ]

I went to start my riding mower for the first time this year and when it started is smoked real bad. I turned it off and checked the oil, it was over filled. I went to drain the oil and discovered it had gas in the oil. It ran fine last year, but I didn't drain the gas out at the end of the season....

Briggs & Stratton 10.5hp ignition circuit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello and greetings from New Zealand. I am wanting to fit a key activated ignition switch on to my B&S 10.5hp rear engine rider. The current systems is just a push button kill switch and a manually operated solenoid for the starting. As I have grand kids running around the yard on a regular basis...

View more questions Search