Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kath746 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2014, 02:18 AM
    What will happen if I will not change our filter cartridge for a very long time?
    What will happen if I will not change our filter cartridge for a very long time?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 7, 2014, 03:06 AM
    You have this under 'food and drink' so I am assuming you mean the filter in your water container. Nothing will happen, your water will not be filtered any longer through charcoal that is not useable after a certain time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 7, 2014, 03:41 AM
    If you mean an in-line filter, pretty much the same.
    Suggested times to change are for a family of 4. Mine is supposed to be changed twice a year, but since I live alone, I change it every 2 years.
    Mine is a string filter, not charcoal. The string is white so I can tell from the color and flecks of minerals and metals how clogged it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1. How do I clean spa cartridge type filter? [ 0 Answers ]

Suggest some methods to clean filter

I have an American Water filter W38 PRA - how do I change the filter? [ 1 Answers ]

American Plumbing Water Filter

Water Filter cartridge change [ 2 Answers ]

I have an American Plumbing Whole House Filter modelW10-PR. I have routinely changed the cartridge every 3 months for 4 years now. Yesterday I went down to do so and find that I cannot open the filter. Matter of fact I broke the wrench in attempting to do so. The water is off, the pressure has...

View more questions Search