Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bree Sam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2014, 12:32 PM
    How to deal with a death of a boyfriend
    It's been four days since my boyfriend passed. I'm just mad at the world. How can life be unfair? We loved each other very much. I'm also expecting our first child. I try to talk to myself and say "we're gonna be ok" than I just cry and can't stop . Just to see boyfriend face of how excited about the baby and now he's not going to be apart of that just breaks my heart. I'm scared to be alone in our apt. Nights I can't sleep it seem to be longer than days. I miss when he holds me through out the night. I can't talk to friends and family because there not near me. How do I get pass this ? Well I ever move on?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2014, 12:39 PM
    First, understand life really IS unfair. Always was, always will be. It is what it is.

You will get over it and you will move on... but its only been 4 days... way too soon. If you aren't feeling any better in a month (It will take much longer than that to get over it however), consider grief counseling. If you find yourself considering darker thoughts....get it a lot sooner.

You do them a greater disservice by excessive grieving rather than honoring them. You will never forget them, but you will move on. Remember the good about them....it will be part of your memories forever.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2014, 07:23 PM
    I am very sorry for your loss. You did not say, how it happened, but any case, death can be hard to deal with.

At this point, it often does not seem real, and you have the issues of funeral, and legal issues dealing with his death.

But no, life is not always fair. I have lost two wives, one was shot to death, another died of liver cancer.

At this point you must also think and remember the baby, which is his memory also.

I agree, to get into counseling. Things will get better, but it takes time, he will always be in your memory, but you will learn to go on with life in time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do people deal with death of their boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend passed away last month in a road collision. I couldn't do anything for at least a week, all I could do was go from crying to being overly happy about our memories. Now over a month has passed and I've managed to get back to school and I'm trying to study for my a-level exams. I can't...

How to deal with the death of my boyfriend [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I lost my boyfriend 2 weeks ago in a car accident, we were together for two and half years and lived together for more than a year. He was the best thing that ever happened to me and now I just can't let go, I get over his death and feel like an aimless person with no reason for living. I feel...

Helping my boyfriend deal with the sudden death of his mother. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My mother in law passed away on March 6, 2009 (03/06/09) and it was very tragic. She had a massive brain aneurysym, followed immediately by a massive stroke - there was no chance she was going to make it. My boyfriend, myself and the rest of his family (his dad, sister, brother and his...

How do I deal with the death of my boyfriend [ 18 Answers ]

I have lost my boyfriend three days ago and all I could do is to cry. It happened so sudden and feel life is not fair. He was found lying on the corridor of his house by his mum. We loved each other to bits and I feel without him life would never be the same. My family and friend are not around...

My boyfriend can't deal with his mams death [ 5 Answers ]

HI I really want to help my boyfriend to deal with his mothers death,she past away on the 9 of December 08 so its only being a couple of months and he was ever so close to her she was very sick for a long time so he help nursed her... I think he blames himself in a way for her death once I...

View more questions Search